04-06 Accord euro

Page 2 / 5
mugenb20b, Jun 2, 6:31am
Good job Scotty.my Holden is better than your Honda story again.You hate Accords and CRVs, have you actually driven them before, have you lived with them before, have you worked/serviced them before! If not, then there's no point suggesting that one car is better than the other. You can't tell me that you know a car inside out after driving it a couple of times.

michael.benn, Jun 2, 6:45am
scotty to be honest you sound like a fanboy defending his Holden.

Honda Accords 1996 and earlier are nice cars to drive. I own one. It's done 289,000kms and all it's had done is the cambelt a few times. The 2000 and later Accords are very nice smooth cars to drive. No, it's not a Holden. But. wait for it. not everyone wants a Holden like all the other 40 something's.

And on that bombshell. good night.

johnf_456, Jun 2, 7:03am
Good point and on a side note I knew it would take long for the holden lovers to come in to the party.

willz29, Jun 2, 7:28am
I've had twoNZ new Accord Euro's as company cars, both have been great drives. And I recommend them to everyone.

tradingfreak360, Jun 2, 8:10am
As others have said, a VZ commodore and an Accord Euro isn't comparing apples with apples.

I don't want to start the Ford Holden debate but the Commodore's torque is nothing to boast about.
VZ Commodore V6 - 340nm
BF Falcon I6 - 383nm

johnf_456, Jun 2, 8:43am
not again

phillip.weston, Jun 2, 8:55am
You said VZ SV6, not VE. A VE is not in the same price bracket let alone the size class as an Accord Euro. You can't change things around to support your fictional story.

phillip.weston, Jun 2, 8:58am
A shame you've tarnished the Accord Euro with the whole 'I hate Honda' brush. I'm not a particular Honda fan but after driving a few Euros I think they're an excellent car. They make the same year Mazda 6 look like some poverty pack Capella. The facelift '05+ Mazda6 got much better and then the 06+ shape was much much better still, however the '04-06 Euro is in the same price class as the '02-03 Mazda6 and they are certainly not disadvantaged compared to the Mazda6.

johnf_456, Jun 2, 8:59am
Nice one I didn't see that, but I have seen him twist things to make his story more true. Like when I said not all Holden engines are designed, engineered and built in Australia. He would twist it to say I said Holden never made an engine in oz etc.

clark20, Jun 2, 9:02am
I have had 2 Accords (1998/2002) and now a VE commodore. The Accords blow it away in quality, but they are not big or fast enough for what I have now. The Accords are very good cars.

pandai, Jun 2, 11:10am
There's more to a car than its handling.So what if a front wheel drive, four cylinder Japanese car doesn't go as hard or as fast as a rear wheel drive V6 Australian car.At the end of the day it's just something to drive home in.

johnf_456, Jun 2, 11:16am
At the end of the day we all don't drive on a race track and we are all infact limited by speeds limits and the laws of the road as well as other road users.

thegravelracer, Jun 2, 12:46pm
Ok ok thanks scotty for your input and i have notice a far outweighing positive responce ,but just to wind u up a little if your interested and up palmy ways any time in the future would you like to have a drive in my play car [not accord] its my dirty DA6 i think youd like it ,being alot faster than your 210kw commy and sure as hell out handle it lol .but seriously it really would

snoopy221, Jun 2, 1:07pm
mmkay um/!

spock beam scotty up willya.
K

.PLEASE.

antwerp87, Jun 2, 1:14pm
Awesome economy
Good Servicing costs
Well Built Car
Loads of standard accessories (standard 6 disc cd stacker, cruise control and audio control on the steering wheel. side curtain air bags, in seat air bags etc)
Awesome Safety Rating
Good Power
Sound Good
Good Handling

antwerp87, Jun 2, 2:12pm
But if your all about the massive 50kw Gain out of 2 cylinders and 1.2l. Crap Fuel Economy Crap accessories (in the aussie base model they still have manual winding windows and single disc CD player. and only 2 air bags. BARGAIN *cough*
I would rather have a Honda getting 8.1l/100k and 0-100 in 8.8 sec.Instead of a VZ 10.1l/100k and 0-100 in 8.7 Sec

Yea the VZ smashes it!
SO in summary we have 2 cars similarly priced. One was inteligently made with performance and economy in mind (Holden Commodore) And the other poorly made by a monkey for monkeys with power, gas guzzling and still crap performance (Honda Accord Euro)
I would never wanna drive a Honda Accord Euro again! In fear that I would fall in love with it and never wanna own anything else again.

Before ya post stupid ass remarks about Holdens read the headding if it has the Word Honda in it, it means DONT GIVE A RATS ASS ABOUT IDIOTIC HOLDEN PENIS ENLARGING CARS!
It asked what people thought about Honda Accord not a bloody holden (And dont get me wrong, In a previous thread I talked about my LS1 that I had in Australia and loved it. :D

ct9a, Jun 2, 8:38pm

johnf_456, Jun 2, 9:45pm
Nice, good luck getting him to try it.

johnf_456, Jun 2, 9:46pm
Wait for scotty2001 to come home :P

ct9a, Jun 2, 10:51pm
another thing is the honda will hold value more then the same year commodore/falcon FACT

vtecintegra, Jun 2, 10:59pm
That does kind of work against you buying second hand though.

ct9a, Jun 2, 11:06pm
well depends in which way you veiw it.

only as a buyer,but when you are looking at a certain make/model you soon learn the cost's and which is a good buy relative to km's/cond. etc.

antwerp87, Jun 3, 12:57am
I'm going to guess your either a teenager who is still all about speed and how fast your car is or you just really hate honda. If its the latter then stay out of this sort of thread because your making yourself look stupid. If its the first option go get a racing license buy my s15 off me for 60k and see what real speed and acceleration is all about and keep it off the roads.

Ps. This was not ment to be insulting I just enjoy a good bit of banter once in a while as I'm sure scotty does too

ct9a, Jun 3, 1:04am
sounds like both are pretty similiar in certain aspects.

phillip.weston, Jun 3, 2:24am
In this case it's both. He's a teenage Holden fan-boy who probably has only driven a hand-full of cars in comparison to most of us here, who are generally older with more wisdom or work in job positions where driving different cars each day is normal.