Vacuum Oil Extractor

mariner2009, May 28, 11:22pm
Where can I buy a vacuum oil extractor to remove 5.5 Litres of engine oil from my car for a quick, easy and clean oil change.Examples found are Liquivac Topside Oil Changer from Amazon (who will not ship to NZ), and Pela PL-6000 from Pela Products UK !
(www.pelapumps.co.uk/default.a-
spx!A10PAGE=PL6000 )

thunderbolt, May 28, 11:29pm
Not sure how well these work on cars, as the dipstick tube does not always reach the bottom of the sump.

Anyone tried it!

cuda.340, May 28, 11:41pm
undoing the sump plug seems to be the cheaper & easier method to me. it don't cost anything.

mugenb20b, May 28, 11:58pm
Exactly!

m16d, May 29, 12:00am
Yer. Thats what they put it there for.

kingfisher21, May 29, 12:26am
Your local BNT store will have them, I use one for my boat, hell of a lot easier than trying to get at the sump plug.

mariner2009, May 29, 12:47am
Undoing the sump plug is OK for an experienced mechanic in a well equiped workshop with apropriate spanners, jacks, drain tanks and wheel ramps.Why do it the hard way !
I am 72; I can't get under my car.I would have to buy wheel ramps, and the device I'm seeking costs $55 if I can find one.

cuda.340, May 29, 1:51am
8" spanner from $2 shop will fit, drive parrallel onto the footpath with 2 wheels still on the road gives you undercar access, saves on the ramps, dump the oil in the gutter, or if you care, a $10 drainpan from supercheap, refit the plug, top up with oil, drive away. so far you've spent $2 or $12 depending on how "greenie" you are & the job is done. it don't take an experianced mechanic to undo a sump plug.

smac, Apr 14, 6:50am
There's a couple here on TM, more like $150 than $50 though.