Cost to repair vacuum leak?

superiornz, May 28, 8:52pm
Just took my car to the garage, he said the leak sounds like its coming from under the manifold and will be pretty time consuming taking everything out first.

Just wondering how much i should be expecting to fix the vacuum leak!

Would it be in the 100-300, 300-1000 or 1000+!

Just trying to prepare my self for a bombshell

toyboy3, May 28, 9:01pm
bluecar $123 white car $321 red car $312yellow car $12

pup2, May 28, 9:08pm
No No No, thats the old blue and red car price. Blue has gone up to $150 and Red has come down to $299.99 because red is faster

mugenb20b, May 28, 10:11pm
Could you please tell us what kind of car it is and engine size! Thanks.

superiornz, May 28, 10:14pm
Haha oops well i just look like a dick now

2000 Ford focus ,1.6L 5 door SW

mugenb20b, May 28, 10:25pm
OK, I've never worked on those before, but it does have a small 4 cylinder engine, so I doubt it's going to be an expensive repair (although British Fords always seem to complicate something that should be simple). If it's a gasket, a few hundred dollars should sort it. If you need a new manifold, who knows! If it's just a vacuum hose, then bugger all.

bigfatmat1, Apr 13, 4:58pm
sounds like a common problem I did one the other week crank case breather pipe between manifold and crank case above starter and behind water pipe manifold unbolted moved forward and starter off cost the customer just shy of $300 incl that was included in my diagnostics of the problem which was revs hanging on and high idle. The pipe was $55 You cannot see the pipe easily it looks like a water pipe.