Do you have a car with black and silver reg plates

Page 1 / 2
freeman42, May 6, 3:03am
and want to have them on your car instead of the new black & white ones.
i have heard that may be the transport aurthorty may want eveyone to change.
regardless of if you want to keep your present ones

morrisman1, May 6, 3:25am
source please. Theres always these rumors going around.

jason18, May 6, 3:26am
I for one wont be changing my valiant ones.

joanie32, May 6, 3:33am
Put your car on hold nowandyou mayhave to surrender your plates, so they are on their way out alright.

http://www.beehive.govt.nz/release/vehicle-licensing-tightened-prevent-fraud

a18a, May 6, 3:36am
i just put my car on hold this very minute without handing my plates in

freeman42, May 6, 3:37am
from the personal plate seller butenquire about this your self to know if its true or not

smac, May 6, 3:39am
Ahh geez the "I heard it in the pub so it must be true" crowd are in.

joanie32 you're missing the bit where the provision is for people repeatedly stopped while driving unlicensed vehicles.

As for freeman, where exactly did you hear this!

bruceeeeee, May 6, 3:40am
you need to read what it actually says NOT what you think that it may say.

freeman42, May 6, 3:44am
at the v8 supercars in hamilton from the pp seller in the merchendise alley .

smac, May 6, 3:48am
lol.riiiiight. Go with that then.

johnf_456, May 6, 3:56am
Only a proposal, new proposals get dreamed up every day if they go through is a whole new story.

johnf_456, May 6, 3:56am
I sure am not handing in my black and white plates I love them gives it that old school look.

hotrodtodd1, May 6, 3:58am
I put the rego of one of my cars on hold for the winter today, and there was no mention of handing in the plates.

And if I wanted black plates and only had white ones, I would paint them like everyone else does

franc123, May 6, 4:46am
Typical bloody polly speak, perhaps Mr Joyce would like to explain to "law abiding NZ'ers" who dare to own several motorcycles, cars and classic cars, only one of which is driveable/rideable at a time, whats fair about having to pay ACC levies over and over again into their bottomless pit.Sock the people that are having the accidents, often repeatedly, both on the road and on the sportsfield, instead of "law abiding NZ'ers" who have clean driving records and have had for decades, and don't engage in stupid and unnecessary activities like rugby and have never cost the state anything in hospital and rehab costs.

joanie32, May 6, 4:57am
Ok. Ivehadabitto do with this topic and the official word(from stephenJoyce)is that after avehicle isputon holdtheNZ Transport Agency willcontact, bymail, any personwho isrequired tosurrender their vehicles plates.This becamelaw 1 May.I am still waiting to hearback regarding why (exactly) someone will be required to do this.

richms, May 6, 7:19am
Will that person get the same plates back again when they re-register the car tho! As some people may have considerable amounts invested in message plates etc, it would be totally unacceptable to have them have to pay again.

johnf_456, May 6, 7:43am
Its only a proposal.

zephyrheaven, May 6, 8:08am
Its always perplexed me how the multibillion dollar tax paying heavy freight operators are any less accountable than joe numbnuts in his dereg R32 bolloxheap - but hey, the point we are missing is - the poor old truckies & the rest of us are stupidly paying for joe numbnuts inevitable drift failure & many many years of rehabilitation - me, Id pull the plug on him

I long for a new system - as the registered owner of 7 licensed items, I dont sleep very well thinking about all the ACC levies Ive forked out for & the utterly useless service I had during my one unfortunate visit to what they call a hospital out here in the colonies these days

fordluva, May 6, 8:08am
dont tell me, they offered you a deal and you said "I want to keep my black plates as the new ones dont suit my old school car"

roys351, May 6, 10:46am
no it is not happening i spoke to vtnz about having too loose my black plates its not going to happen anytime soon the only imediate changes are no longer allowerd joint owniship spellliiing is a bitttbut ye all will get it

kcf, May 6, 8:27pm
Nothing like having a good "laugh at the rumour mill" to start my day, thanks for this thread

freeman42, May 7, 12:28am
no i was enquring about a plate idea and they told me about the possable having to hand over the old plates.
an idea i was not happy about.

dave653, May 7, 4:09am
Very well said. probly what most of us are thinking anyway.

johnf_456, May 7, 4:21am
Well said, we should be able to get a refund lol.

franc123, May 7, 5:54am
If you want to purchase the rights to a previously govt issued plate it is about half the price of a standard PP.But you are right, I'd like to see PP's justification for the money they are charging currently for their products.