Paint falling off?

phillip.weston, May 25, 4:09am
is it blue! if so it's a fault with the batch of paint - I think it's covered by a ford recall.

jason18, May 25, 4:11am
Yeah i would take it back. No way thats right.

johnf_456, May 25, 4:40am
Take it back to ford

phillip.weston, May 25, 4:43am
I don't think the dealer would be happy to cover it after 18 months. You would have greater chance going to Ford themselves.

gunhand, May 25, 5:00am
I would be finding out if the car has for what ever reason been resprayed first. If not theres no way in hell it should be falling off. You say its leaving rusty areas! thats even worse as its coming off right to the metal.
Someone somewhere should be covering this fault otherwise you are in for a huge bill to repair it.
The cars 6 years old but still shouldnt do that. Remember the holden paint problem years back with the VB to VK commies that had to be redone for free.
What colour is the car! and have you had it anywhere to expose it to anything!
Someone has to pay.

gunhand, May 25, 5:08am
Oh yea, got any pics!

noswalg, May 25, 5:48am
If it started from accidental damage I think you'll be pushing sh#t uphill by trying to get ford to come to the party even if there was a dodgy batch of paint, they will probably still blame it on the small dent and a crack in the paint being the root cause! I backed my car into the corner of the house the other day and put a palm sized dent right on the corner below the tail light this has caused the paint to crack and a decent sized piece has now come off. That along with a nice scraping of cream house paint is making me think insurance is the go!

marcos1, May 25, 5:48am
Ford had a well known problem with paint on the Falcons.
Most were covered under warranty and resprayed.

brad166, May 25, 6:01am
Yes it is definately a recall and free repaint.
Ford have been sending them to one of the paintshops I worked with. They get soda-blasted back to bare metal and repainted

autocars1, May 26, 8:41am
The factory would want to hear from you. They will strip to metal and resray it. If you really jump up and down and threaten hell.you might get a new car.

grangies, May 26, 8:55am
Bugger.

At least Ford Australia may be willing to fix it.

Many other car manufacturers would say too bad.

All Aussie Ford's and Holdens and Mitsis and Toyota's have pretty average paint jobs from the word go.