What can happen if a car over heats

Page 1 / 2
iron-maiden, May 20, 8:35am
please,A firend swapped her car told them it had a leak in radiator they were still happy to do the deal.now its buggerd and they want there car back been 3 days owership has been done.

iron-maiden, May 20, 8:37am
they want there car back cos the head gaskets gone.can it be coursed from the car over heating

gammelvind, May 20, 8:40am
Sure can, plus warped head as well as a number of other serious problems. Overheating can potentially be more damaging than running out of oil.

sir-ben, May 20, 8:41am
you could potentially die. bottom line, overheating cars kill people.

bigracket, May 20, 8:41am
Sounds like that is exactly what happened

iron-maiden, May 20, 8:47am
thanks,the girl drove it from dannevirke to palmy 54kms one way,its over heated on the way back,she said she waited 2hours for it to kool off,then has drove it to woodville half way back to dannevirke and its over heated again.
now it will not start and theres water coming out were spark plugs are.
so head gasket is gone they want there old car back,or her to pay half of the repairs.i said to her you both agred on deal,both cars needed work both girls told each other what was wrong with there cars was a stright swap both not w.o.f ed ect ,so what would you do !

franc123, May 20, 8:48am
They should have got the leak fixed or else stated in writing that it did have a leak and it should be fixed ASAP before driving the car any further.Driving it that distance with a cooling system problem was complete stupidity, the subsequent damage has no doubt been caused by their failure to get the first problem that they were told about fixed.

iron-maiden, May 20, 8:48am
she new it had hole in radiator

johnf_456, May 20, 8:48am
Man some people should not own cars, if its over heating simple don't . drive it.

bigracket, May 20, 8:49am
Never ever swap cars! def not with people you know, This is the sort of things that happen, got anything on paper !

jmma, May 20, 8:49am
Ask the wrecker to come and get both pos and start again

iron-maiden, May 20, 8:52am
just the ownerships changed over and deal done verbal

iron-maiden, May 20, 8:54am
car was runing fine before hand wasnt over heating ,was only ever driven to pick her kid up and to work,water was checked daily

bigracket, May 20, 8:55am
So the ownership has been changed! Well that's bad luck for the new owner. buyer beware! IMO, But . how much is the friendship valued!

un_known, May 20, 8:57am
if she was stupid enough to drive it when it had a hole in the radiator for that distance then its her own stupid fault.from my experience a car will need to sit in the red for some time before that sort of catastrophic failure happens.if she had stopped when it started to over heat it would probably be ok now.

iron-maiden, May 20, 8:58am
yes the ownership papers are done,i told her its not her thatand she shouldnt have to pay

iron-maiden, May 20, 8:59am
yes,car was runing fine before hand

jason18, May 20, 9:00am
Buyer be ware. Total muppet for driving a car that distance without maybe checking the water every 5 mins etc etc seeing the temp guage rise and not stopping.

nz2293, May 20, 9:01am
its true my mates uncles girlfreinds cousin died from a overheating cortina the needle got so high it snapped off and and got lodged in her throat choked to death.

johnf_456, May 20, 9:01am
Really of course is a radiator leak is something that requires urgent attention and no one in their right mind would dirve a car that is over heating. For the sake of a new hose or repair thats nothing. Doesn't matter if it was fine if you know something like that is wrong get onto it or at least keep a close on eye on temperature guage.

bigracket, May 20, 9:02am
No but bye bye friendship aye ! Hope that lesson been learned though. Dont do swaps.

theknightz, May 20, 9:02am
Bad luck to new owner, she changed the ownership so was happy to swap. Her tough luck.

nz2293, May 20, 9:02am
amen

iron-maiden, May 20, 9:04am
yes thats rite this is why i told her when she done the deal make sure she knows everything the car needed for wof and that it had a leak,the other car needs abit of work to this is why they were both happy with the deal.

sir-ben, May 20, 9:08am
this my friends it just one example of what is a un-told killer. one in 5 people know someone who has either died or knows someone who has died from this lethal, mis-hap.

i know someone who knows someone who was driving, the super-heated water actually burst the heater pipes in the car, the person who was driving this car was a freedom camper and by the time someone knocked on his window to tell him to leave, he was perfectly steamed through and through.
please, for the saftey of your friends and family, tell them to check their coolant and oil often, and under no circumstances drive a car suspected of even being capable of overheating.