Need to fit a high stop light

toyboy3, May 22, 5:01am
which wire colour is the stoplight and which is the earthon a toyotathanks

carmedic, May 22, 7:10am
You sir require a test light.

johnf_456, May 22, 7:15am
What year is the car when it was first registered! you may not needa high stop lamp

Edited

carmedic, May 22, 7:16am
He means a high stop light not the test light =)

n1smo_gtir, May 22, 10:42am
how about you reverse into a carpark infront of a building where you can see the reflection of the back of your car, put your brakes on note which lights come on, get out of car and open your boot, there'd be access to change your bulbs and you usually would have 3 bulbs (stop, reverse and indicator). reverse and indicator is most obvious to locate due to the outside lens been orange for indicator and white for reverse in most cases. the brake light and the park light usually share the same bulb and it's most likely it would have two individual filament. the wire connected to the base that supports that bulb is usually earth, the other two, one be tail and the other brake.

toyboy3, May 22, 10:50pm
All I wanted was the wire colours needed I guess I willget the test light and find outwhich is live and which is earth .but I only have a multi plug to work with as it is a funcargo

noelsgimps, May 22, 10:56pm
Everyone should have a test light. Cost less than 10 bucks and soooo handy.
Clamp the alligator clip end on to a bolt of somethong metal to earth it then poke the wires in the area with the probe while someone has their foot on the brake pedal.

lookoutas, Mar 22, 2:00am
Easy way if you haven't got a helper is turn the park lights on, and the wire that isn't alive has to be the brake.
Or place an appropriate length of wood on the brake peddle and slide the seat forward to hold it on. One of those cheap quick adjusting sash-clamps, turned backwards will work well too.

Brake colour is usually red, and earth black.

What hrp sez is also correct.