Rear view mirror fell off windscreen

sharlie4, May 19, 10:55am
What do I use to stick it back on! Do Smith & Smith or other autoglass places (Novus!) do these repairs!

johnf_456, May 19, 10:56am
Yes smith and smith will have the glue needed.

ginga4lyfe, May 19, 11:15am
PLEASE DONT USE SUPER GLUE , It cracks glass, or well it cracked my uncles BMW Z3 glass, and he didn't even do it, some boy at a tyre shop thought he was doing him a favor by gluing it back on

saxman99, May 19, 11:32am
Repco sell a special glue (now what's it called.!) for that, it works AWESOME, so long as you follow the instructions EXACTLY.

whqqsh, May 19, 5:40pm
yeah repco sell it abut $17 per pack that does one unit (I know ive just done it on my AU coon) but as said follow instructions exactly & superglue doesnt work (& thatll teach me for going to Bunnings. yes I shouldve known better)

mouse_y, May 19, 6:19pm
Local panelbeater does it for a tenner

jason18, May 19, 6:51pm
Sikaflex is good for most things

elect70, May 20, 2:56am
S&s did mine free .

glenn_michelle, May 20, 5:30am
loctite is what the auto glass places use,its a two part-one as the primer and then the glue,as above most companys if they are not too busy will just do it for free,go elswhere if they want to charge

ceedoubleyou, May 20, 9:16am
LOL, so them Falcon rear view mirrors are still falling off! We had a brand new XA Flacon back in '73, 1 month out of warranty do the same thing, we used arildite glue to stick it back on. A real hassle keeping it up there with a stick jammed up against it while the glue dried.

rbrassey, May 20, 9:30am
Anyone know how to get one off! ours has 2 mirrors ex driving school

paulap, May 20, 11:51pm
Glass place put mine back on for free. Next time I broke it off I put a hole in the windscreen so needed a new windscreen as well

roys351, May 21, 8:02am
a stupid previous owner of 1 of my coons sanded the screen so the glue would stick it dident so mirror is now to high so when i pull the visor down it adjusts the mirrorwent to topglass $15.00

noelsgimps, Mar 22, 6:53am
Thats the funniest thing I've heard in ages!