Interior roof lining

bigracket, May 15, 2:55pm
I would poss use an upholstery vinyl how wide is the roof though !

johnf_456, May 15, 10:15pm
quickstich should be in soon

bigracket, May 16, 4:21am
LOl quick stich is not the only motor trimmer in new zealand aye LOl

johnf_456, May 16, 4:45am
No hes not but I he has done work for me before, so I know he does a good job. Just saying.
Wealman : nothing wrong with being helpful, so that comment is unneeded.

bigracket, May 16, 4:55am
Hull liner would be one of the best options to consider cos its easy to use and it comes in 2 mtr wide. It is very hard wearing and is used alot in boats. it will be slightly absorbent though! maybe worth asking about.

bluecambridge, May 16, 5:03am
Yeah that was something I thought about too, but the OP was quite specific about it being non-absorbant - can't really think why though!

rob_man, May 16, 5:12am
We make camper components at work and hull liner is one of the materials used to cover the inside of pop top roofs. Shouldn't be an issue if it's absorbent, it doesn't cause any problems I'm aware of.

bigracket, May 16, 5:18am
Yes I have used hundreds of meters of the stuff. I think a lay person would find it easier to use than upholstery vinyl, as you guys know, vinyl is not the best thing to work with on a uneven surface. even when you know what your doing.

quickstitch, May 16, 6:46am
if you are going to be cooking etc in the van then stick to vinyl. if not, then hull liner as suggested.

bigracket, May 16, 12:44pm
Rubber mats ! explain! do you mean like corrugated carpet underlay or something ! can you put up some photos! we will set you up but you kinda want to get it right. It sounds like your sold on the vinyl is the way theory. you can buy foam backed vinyl, its prob the way to go. I would not set it up to hold the rubber mats though.You could make boards up out of bendy ply, or core flute and cover those !

bluecambridge, Mar 1, 2:44pm
Yep sounds like a plan. I would still use some sort of glue to hold the insulation to the roof (even if only temporarily) - makes it easier to fit the ply or whatever into place.in fact I wonder that if you don't glue the insulation to the roof, condensation may still form on the metal which would cause problems!