HONDA crv 2001, 2L

nico32, May 14, 10:37pm
recently bought one, due to moving to area known for snow and ice, fuel rating 4 out of 6.hm, was told 10l/100km.yeah right .perhaps on the canterbury plains.

doing over 12L per 100km.
wish kept me wee nissan pulsar, cost 130 to fill got 830km out of her, the honda.130 for 500km.(yes is a bigger motor and the 4wd sensor thing.but even so., am not a led foot)

anyone else find it a gas gulzer!

my two cents.

jason18, May 14, 10:43pm
Sell it on then. What was reason for upgrade in the first place

thejazzpianoma, May 14, 10:44pm
All those Japanese petrol 4WD's chew the gas. For your situation you would be best served to keep an eye out for a good VW/Audi 4WD diesel or a Fiat Panda 4WD. Those will give you running costs not far off half what you are paying at the moment.
Both are fairly sought after and hard to find but they do come up from time to time for similar money to the CRV if you keep your eyes peeled. 4WD is called 4motion in VW speak and Quattro in Audi speak.
Forget Japanese diesels because they don't use the modern common rail technology in that age group and just don't come close to the Euro Diesels for economy, reliability or performance.

phillip.weston, May 14, 10:57pm
I would have gone with the 2.4 version, probably more economical cause it doesn't have to work so hard moving the thing around.

tuttyclan, May 14, 11:06pm
Just filled up our 1994 Toyota Rav4 2000cc DOHC auto ,it took 46 litres and cost $104 !.We had done 426 km in it.Mostly driving around town though.
Unfortunally any 4wd is not going to as cheap to run as a 2wd.I get better milage out of my 1997 Honda Accord 2200cc SOHCVtec Auto.

rovercitroen, May 14, 11:57pm
Our 2.4 Mitsi Outlander seems to be getting about 9 - 9.2 l/100kms on open road trips and about 12 - 12.6 l/100 kms in city only driving.

ralphdog1, May 15, 1:33am
Wife has one, been doing 20-25k a year for about 7 years, getting similar to what you are experiencing (on the Canty Plains).
Whoever told you you would get 10l/100km was either stupid or being economical with the truth. Or drove everywhere downhill with a tail wind.

nico32, Feb 20, 10:57am
yes thanks ralphdog1, the three different car sales people obviously talking through a hole in their bum, must have been driving downhill with a tail wind as you suggested.although more likely they were being chased by an irate women carrying an electric cattle prod.
nice car to drive and all that, but on one income living in the country where everydrive is a big one, no not good.
wanted a bigger car for the family, but not at the expense of you know food and heating.so yep back to the granny car i suspect.buga