Big thanks to the ford boys.

jason18, May 7, 9:23am
Got the 99 Au fairmont wagon. 198km Beautiful car very well taken care off, Has headers and cat removed goes well and sounds good. Man the space in it is unbelievable! Thanks for the advice guys!

jason18, May 7, 8:07pm
Oh really whats the chip you put in! He has put free flow filter in too. Goes bloody good aye! Will post pics tonight it bloody mint 4.2k got alot of car for my.money

whqqsh, May 7, 8:14pm
good on ya, we were amazed loading up the 'coon with our camping gear how much room we had left compared to our previous Commodore. like you said, a lot of car for the $$

jason18, May 7, 9:00pm
I am totally over the moon aye. Totally worth the coin

jason18, May 8, 3:29am
Yeah the headers seem to make it go alot better and sound nice compared to the falcons i drovew without it. Have managed to get it to 10.8 at the moment.Hard to stop putting to go pedal down hahah. What do chips cost!

jason18, May 8, 12:45pm
Ok cheers wont bother with it then. I dont really need it drinking fuel and for what i am doing i am more than impressed with the power.

fordguy17, May 9, 5:40am
Don't get an off the shelf chip, email TI Performance in aussie about a J3 chip, tell them the mods you have and they will sort out a pre-programmed unit to get you started. Then If you buy the tuner package you get the logging software and tuner and can fine tune it yourself. 99% of the universal chips are rubbish, all they do is dump more fuel in which gives you a false feeling of improvement.

mopsy3, May 9, 9:16pm
Actually a properly custom tuned chip will give you better fuel economy and better performance. They are not cheap however and cost about $900+ just for the chip, then dyno time over and above that so approx $1800 usually for a Falcon. We have always used Auckland Performance Tuning if you are still interested.

fordguy17, Feb 7, 7:10pm
J3 custom pre-programmed chip = $AU190
J3 chip & tuner packaged = $AU215