2008 suzuki sx4 2wd

xr6turbo2, May 7, 7:46am
Hi,im thinking about buying a 2008 suzuki sx4 2wd,is there any faults i should look out for! Are they good on fuel! Chain or timing belt! Thanks Al

berg, May 7, 8:00am
Typical Suzuki bulletproof. Chain drive cam and a friends one seems good on fuel. I would let my perents buy one and thats a good statement in itself.

fordcrzy, May 7, 8:00am
dont buy one. PLEASE. they are simply a fashion statement.you may as well go out and buy an ipod/iphone levi jeans and some nike shoes while your at it.buy yourself a nice 2007 or newer VW golf instead

jsbike, May 7, 8:02am
Parents got an 2010 auto 2wd 1500, was a zero km parallel import so was reg in japan but not driven. Seeing jap import it was fairly high spec for a 1500cc model, factory tints, abs, alloys, fog lamps, keyless entry/start, adjustable headlight leveletc. Inside is a bit plasticy like most suzukis, The only thing I didnt like was the drum rear brakes. Road noise is average, uses WAY less gas than my partners 2007/8 1800cc suzuki liana. If you want I can find out what its average fuel usage is. No probs that I know of but I thinink its still done less than 6000km so bad stuff could still happen I guess.

berg, May 7, 8:07am
PMSL. Friends sold their POS Golf (brought new) because it spent more time in the shop than on the road. Replaced it with a Swift Sport and now have a Vitara V6. Said he would never go eurotrash ever again

fordcrzy, May 7, 8:33am
first you buy an SX4 then you get a motorhome then you get a zimmer frame.
SX4's are for people who've never heard of citroens

tylersdad, May 7, 11:00am
we had an 07 4x4 2.0L SX4. Auto. Crap fuel economy (well it did drive up Ngaraunga gorge every day). Bad blind spot on the front window frame A pillar. Apart from that a great car. Have traded in for a manual Swift. Loving the Swift - it's our 2nd one. Should never have traded the 1st in on the SX4. Swift is doing 14.9km/L vs SX4 of 9.6km/L but hard to compare as its 1500 v 2000 and manual v auto.

vtecintegra, May 7, 11:27am
^^^
4wd probably had a lot to do with your poor fuel economy in the SX4 (and Wellington driving is not particularly kind either)

tylersdad, May 7, 11:49pm
i agree, but what was worse is that even on flat long drives it did not match the manufacturers spec's.

kellrae, Jan 25, 9:17pm
fordcrzy - thats a but rude! but I will get over it!

I have a 2008 SX4 2wd and it ticks all the boxes for me.I am on the lower side of 50 (just) disabled and yes I use a zimmer frame, and the SX4 is perfect for me. Around town I am getting about10l/100km, not brilliant but thats in traffic to and from work.
Recently towed a trailer to Feilding and back and it did the job well.
Hey its not a fun drive car but it does the job.
Good height to get in and out - got the leather seat option so really comfortable. We spent ages finding the right car as i didn't want a big fwd!
If I was in the market for a car I would buy again no question.Would rather have an Alfa but if I cant get out of one independently its no good!