Help Bleeding clutch!

Page 2 / 2
canuk73, May 4, 8:39am
It wont be the clutch or pressure plate faulty as that would cause the clutch to slip if the plate is worn or if the pressure plate lost its pre-load.

Clutch plates can stick to the pressure plate if it was exposed to moisture and then parked for some time. But then the car will move if started in gear with the clutch pedal on the floor and your car is not.

I think you have a 'clutch travel' problem meaning that your slave cylinder is not moving the entire stroke required for you to select gear whilst stationary.

Start with the basics, how much free play do you have on the pedal! It should be less than 3mm before the pedal actually pushes the master cylinder. The clutch will build up and start to ride if you remove all free play.

tekaholics, May 5, 9:27am
Hi, just and update.the car is moving forward when started in 1st gear now. It has alot of play, about, 10cm play if that means anything. Remove freeplay, How can I do that!

tekaholics, May 5, 9:28am
Could it be that the slave cylinder was incorrectly put in! This was done backyard style.

canuk73, May 6, 7:30am
The rod between the pedal and the master cylinder should be adjustable. 10cm is way too much. There should be about 1mm free play between the pedal and master cylinder and that should be achieved by adjusting the connecting push rod.

hijacka, May 6, 1:35pm
hijacka wrote:

On a flat surface, Try selecting first gear with ignition off and start engine with clutch in. Does it roll forward with clutch in with engine started!

Other thread.
quote=tekaholics]
The car goes into gear fine when its turned off.But if I start it in gear it drives forward, slowly./quote]
lol

snoopy221, May 6, 1:49pm
Peopl People Peple. Um the slave cyl relies on the master cyl residual line pressure-PEEPS 10 mil play is 10 mil too muchies metink poss goosed master.
Tip here Original Poster is SIMPLE. PUSH THE CLUTCH ACTUATING ROD IN TO THE CLUTCH SLAVE CYL-IF IT GOES ALL THE WAY IN AND THE 10 MIL BECOMES 200 MILL YA MASTER IS GOOSED.If not then try to remove the 10 mil.(SOMEHOW I DONNA TINK TIS THE ADJUSTABLE PUSHROD) But been wrong b4

therafter1, May 6, 10:13pm
Me too . 1976 . got married !

elect70, Jan 20, 7:10pm
Try pumpingthe pedalsee if it makes a difference, if it does its either a farked slave or master cylinder . Can get O/h kits for themfrom BNT