FORD Fiesta's - Pros and Cons?

vast, May 5, 2:17am
Hi, Im looking at buying a used Fiesta - manual, probably 1.6l engine, min 2004 model to newer, mainly looking for a small economical and reliable car. NB I dont carry more than 2 passengers often so not needing huge space in the back for people.

Just wanting anyone's feedback if they've had good/bad experience with these cars - which models! WhaIs there anything specific to the Fiesta, or Ford that I need to look out for!

unbeatabull, May 5, 4:25am
Solid cars. We have very few issues with them. Definately get a manual one as the Auto kills any power it has.

zetec, May 5, 6:29am
Good power for the class, and very good value against a Swift. 1.6 motor is smooth, makes good power throughout the rev-range , economical, and with 150,000km/10 year cambelt interval. Fiestas steer, handle and ride well. Not as refined as a Focus 1.6, but lower geared so have more acceleration. If you can, try for a late 2006 onward, the WQ model is nicer inside and has some styling embelishments.

theunicorn, Jan 14, 4:58pm
I have a 2006 ST150, which is the 2 litre version. It is a nice little car to drive, and very comfortable - even on long trips. Fuel economy is okay, but not great - although it does tend to encourage fairly enthusiastic driving.

It lacks synchro on reverse, which you get used to fairly quickly. For a small car the turning circle is rather large. Being of European origin, the indicators and wipers are the "other" way around. The oil filter is really easy to get to, if you want to change your own oil!

The standard 1.6 model is a bit lacking in the styling department, but if you can live with that then you get a really good little car at a relatively low price.