Towing a Car!

jezz43, Apr 27, 8:46am
should be fine. ive done it with a 2lt petrol b2000 that couldnt go up hills in anything other than 2nd :)

henderson_guy, Apr 27, 9:31am
shouldn;t be an issue, just check your rating plate on the towbar states that its capable, and make sure that the trailer you use is braked. Car trailers weigh upwards of 500kg, so your total towed mass is 2000kg or more. I would suggest your ute would be rated at about 2500kg, but again, just check

jezz43, Apr 27, 9:34am
i did that from rotorua to wanganui. had to go thru waiouru, across some back road to fielding and in the back way, ute doesnt like the parapara's lol. too 6 hours to get home. only problems i could see you having would be coming over mount messenger

dasfi, Apr 27, 9:40am
If its a rental car itll do almost anything, same goes with company cars

jezz43, Apr 27, 9:41am
dont most rental cars have a contract clause that says no towing!

busdriverman, Apr 27, 9:53am
Has it actually got a towbar on it!

mokaubach, Apr 27, 12:03pm
Spend $250 and call NP Towing to do it for you.

aktow, Apr 27, 2:49pm
Auckland to New Plymouth for $250 ,251.67km one way. i cannot see any one only charging $250

intrade, Apr 27, 7:22pm
so you got that holdon ute! and what do you want on the trailer!
should be fine but make sure you got a braked trailer and load cars on trailer with engine forward on trailer for maximum downforce on your cars towbar and towing vehicle rear axle.

mokaubach, Dec 22, 7:53am
Well thats because you come from Auckland and do not know how far away NP is from the joint (don't worry, you aren't alone, most Aucklanders don't know what's south of Bombay), or that it would be loaded onto a truck with other vehicles.