Do cops need skid control driving refreshers?

Page 1 / 2
bigmacnfries, Apr 19, 9:50pm
Ha ha, candidates for this years Darwin awards, I hope the driver will be charged with careless driving.

jono2912, Apr 19, 9:51pm
I thought training would of been ongoing anyway.

ct9a, Apr 19, 9:52pm
"safer communitys"

rus_the_dallas, Apr 19, 9:58pm
New billboard for Tui!

thejazzpianoma, Apr 20, 12:26am
The level of driving from our Police is appalling. You only need to look at the proportion of cars that are in the panel shop at any given time. Here in Tauranga where there is just a modest fleet its unusual not to see a couple in for repairs at any given time.

There just seems to be a blatant disregard for road safety among a sub-set of officers. I have had to take evasive action on three separate occasions that I can think of due to completely unnecessary and incredibly dangerous driving from Police. None of the instances appeared to be due to officers needing to travel fast "under urgency" just blatantly stupid behaviour.

richardmayes, Apr 20, 1:07am
From all that panel damage, you'd almost think the cops spent their days confronting unsavoury characters and villains, huh Jazz!

Here in Wellington, the constabulary have a habit of cruising around the central city at 30-40km/h. If a red light gets in the way, BAM! the disco lights go on, stright thru the red light, then the disco lights immediately go off again and it's back to cruising along at 30-40km/h. More in the evening. This is extremely blatant and it's the one and only behaviour that undermines my otherwise high regard for the Police.

johnf_456, Apr 20, 6:05am
At the end of the day they are only human.

r15, Apr 20, 7:30am
so i too should run red lights and crash / damage cars at a proportionally high level!

therafter1, Apr 20, 7:58am
Lined himself up nicely LOL

johnf_456, Apr 20, 8:14am
Nah but all humans make mistakes.Not saying its right but mistakes do happen.

klrider, Apr 20, 9:15am
You are so FOS

dent, Apr 20, 10:11am
I belive that the police cars are uninsured. Not worth the cost to insure them apparntly.

compchick, Apr 20, 5:28pm
After seeing one go flying through a set of lights coming off the motorway in South Auckland completely sideways naaawww they don't need retraining in skid control :DI was sitting in Wendys couldn't quite believe what i saw I'm faaairly certain he had his lights flashing >_<

richardmayes, Apr 20, 7:30pm
Great comment! Go you!

kyokei, Apr 21, 2:05am
Been living in central Wgtn for a few years and the last time i saw a copper do that was 6 - 7 years ago!

elect70, Apr 21, 2:18am
Cop told me its recorded every time the flashing lights are switched on & cop has to recordthe reason .

richardmayes, Apr 21, 2:28am
Lucky you!

Last time I saw one was about a month ago, doing a sneaky left turn from Customhouse Quay into Whitmore Street through a red light.

Most blatant one I've seen was a right turn off Whitmore onto Lambton Quay through a yellow ( a pretty late yellow, it went red just after he crossed the line.)Most normal drivers could and would have stopped for that one. Cop couldn't be bothered stopping, but had plenty of time to switch on the disco lights to make his yellow light running "legit".

wrong2, Apr 21, 5:05am
cops are just ordinary guys

they LOVE hooning as much as any of us here

they are NO different

gunhand, Apr 21, 5:09am
Especially considering how young most of them are these days, there still growing out of the hoon stage.

wrong2, Apr 21, 5:15am
21 years old - 6 weeks of training

just a flaming puppy

& he has the right to take my wheels & "educate" me over what is dangerous & what is responsible

its a joke

marmatt, Apr 23, 9:57pm
give them some tissues hahaha

ola_bitchola1, Apr 23, 10:08pm
haha i saw that on Monday as i was coming back from work in masterton its a straight piece of road not sure how he lost it car was really munted

flitt, Apr 23, 10:14pm
HA! Look at all the pitchfork clutching rabble in here.

'unnecessary, Careless Driving, lack of training, appalling police driving, hoons.'

Desperate!

therafter1, Apr 23, 10:15pm
+ + + + + + + + + ONE

flitt, Apr 23, 10:20pm
The above exert is a massive clue as to what kind of a numpty driver is in this thread making judgements about the officer who caught him.

And he got a +1 above lol.