Morris minor front right wheel bearing?

steinway2, Apr 22, 7:42pm
hi there does any one have a set or that can point me in the direction of someone that does! cheers

joanie32, Apr 22, 8:38pm
search for new morris minor parts on here. Theres one trader called "minor miracles" (very expensive) and another called "Kotemaori" inAustralia. (hes good to deal with) or google Cobs morrie stuff, hes of mixed repute, but Ive personally never had a problem with him.

biddy6, Apr 22, 8:57pm
Have you started looking with BNT,

plasticboys, Apr 22, 8:57pm
SKF bearing!

smac, Apr 22, 9:02pm
DSN in the UK - probably land them here cheaper than you can buy locally.

morrisman1, Apr 22, 9:41pm
Just replace them with taper roller bearings. after ive had my breakfast ill pop out to the shed and check the model numbers. They are a bog standard off-the-shelf bearing

morrisman1, Apr 22, 9:50pm
just found my documentation. It is listed as the bearings for the disc brake conversion but if I remember correctly they are the same bearings.

Inner: 30203
Outer: 30205
Oil seal: TC12522

I will still confirm for you but Im sure those are the same as for the standard hubs.

morrisman1, Apr 22, 10:08pm
sorry I can't confirm for you, the hubs I have out there all have ball bearing races in them. Just take it apart, get accurate measurements for inside and outside diameter for each bearing and the same for the oil seal then go into your local engineering store and confirm that those measurements match those part numbers I posted above.

elect70, Apr 23, 2:21am
clean them up & get numbers off themgo to bearing suppliers& they will cross referencethem .

sr2, Apr 23, 3:12am
If you take the old seal and bearing, (cleaned - as suggested above) to either SKF or SAECO they will identify them for you and suggest a suitable replacement.

fordluva, Apr 23, 3:41am
Agreed, OK not as old as a minor but often they have everything I need for my cortina on the shelf

morrisman1, Apr 23, 3:49am
oh and be aware that if you do put taper roller bearings in then you may need to change the crown nuts as the outer face of the outer bearing sits too far out to get the split pin through. Options are to either lathe down the face of the nut to bring the ruts of the crown in closer or to change the nut all together. The nut on a morris marina may well be the same and that uses a different locking system.

tortron, Apr 23, 8:33am
repco will have them/will get them (from the local bearing shop, so you may as well go there)
They dont have series mm's on the books tho

steinway2, Dec 3, 6:57pm
thanks guys for ya help.