Not motoring but who here was installing

Page 1 / 2
intrade, Mar 8, 5:47am
heat pumps! thejazzpianoma or somone with a similar name i recall him sai wont be to busy in summer.

mugenb20b, Mar 8, 6:36am
From memory 'cuda.340' is a fridgie. I used to install them, but after doing over 300 installations, I had enough.

intrade, Mar 8, 7:25am
was that about 1 year ago! could have been you i was thinking off.

cuda.340, Mar 8, 8:08am
what do you want! i'm a tech but do the odd install cashie.

intrade, Mar 8, 10:13am
i wantto probabaly install a heatpump but they need certified installers for warrenty, if i recall mugen used to sell them pumps as he posted on tradme and he would have been not to far from taumaranui its where the heatpump would be installed.

mugenb20b, Mar 8, 11:41pm
I was selling and installing them between 2006 and 2011, but I put my business on hold as of January this year. I'm now working as a full time mechanic again.

mugenb20b, Mar 8, 11:42pm
What brand of heat pump!

intrade, Mar 9, 8:38am
i got no pump. was thinking you be selling any lol.
I was told the inverter are better then other models . and then others say wont matter just got to oil the fins of the condenser on cheap ones with rustproof oil .

thejazzpianoma, Apr 13, 6:14am
Just to clarify wasn't me intrade. Good move putting one in though, ours is a little ripper.

cuda.340, Apr 13, 6:16am
this is waaay too expensive for a 2nd hand unit.

intrade, Apr 13, 6:21am
Yea well maybe but i need somone who i can trust to do a propper job and sign for the warranty if i was to buy a new unit.
Do you know about the aircons cuda.340! i want to know also how important is it to get a inverter instead of a cheaper non inverter unit!

intrade, Apr 13, 6:22am
yea i know it was mugen. what model do you have i try to stay off mitsubish for obvious reasons

cuda.340, Apr 13, 6:50am
almost all the new stuff on the market now is inverter technology on the new R410 gas. stay away from Fujitsu, it might have a 6 year warranty on the compressor but the outdoor unit will have fallen apart from rust before then & it's only the compressor that has the warranty & it probably still goes. mitsubitshi black diamond is the top of the line. toshibas & panasonics following behind. the thing about the inverters are they don't suck up the power like the old fix speeds which means they're cheaper to run.

mugenb20b, Apr 13, 6:50am
Mitsubishi Electric is the best brand you can get. They are not the same company as a car manufacturer, even though they share the same name. Keep away from Mitsubishi Heavy Industries, which is Temperzone.

mugenb20b, Apr 13, 6:52am
Don't get a Panasonic. They don't perform below -5 degrees.

cuda.340, Apr 13, 6:53am
not temperzone anymore. temperzone now do Hitachi which are worse than the mitsi heavy inds.

cuda.340, Apr 13, 6:53am
how often is it below -5* in whangarei!

mugenb20b, Apr 13, 6:55am
Oh, I didn't know that.

mugenb20b, Apr 13, 6:55am
He wants it in Taumarunui.

cuda.340, Apr 13, 6:56am
warranty became a headache for them so they ditched them & bought into even worse quality.

cuda.340, Apr 13, 6:57am
buy an oversized mitsi, no more problems apart from operator error.

intrade, Apr 13, 7:56am
hmm ok it is a few times -5 in taumaranui as far as i know
what about the inverter non inverter type! difference!

cuda.340, Apr 13, 10:59am
inverter will be less likely to have a coil ice-up so no down time waiting for defrost if you want hot air. i think the only non inverter units on our market would be chinese junk.

elect70, Apr 14, 3:00am
^^^^ Im sure Gree would be annoyed at their units being called junk . You Know that they make components for most of the namebrands ! I have put lots of Gree( &Hitachi ) in & never a problem , 90% of faults are installer caused , poor evacuation , cleanliness of pipebendingetc . RE wouldnt be selling them if they were junk . But old80 sTemperzone was , they cut corners to try & compete on price .

thejazzpianoma, Apr 14, 4:19am
I have a Toshiba, but probably wouldn't buy the same again as it has had a few reliability issues.
Given where you live I would actually buy the Panasonic. For no other reason than having been a direct supplier of Panasonic equipment in past I have found their support second to none. Also, if their heatpumps are as well made as their laptops, TV's etc they will be very hard to beat.
The -5 Degree thing shouldn't worry you where you live.