Not motoring but who here was installing

Page 2 / 2
cuda.340, Apr 14, 4:47am
Gree are low quality rubbish. the copper used in them is very suseptable to the enviromental elements & usually fail due to outdoor coil rot. i was just commenting this morning to one of the boys that don't get the same money for scrap value on a chinese 5kw coil than we do for a mitsi 5kw. the chinese crap is tooo thin & not suitable for a long life on NZ's climate market.

mugenb20b, Apr 14, 7:35am
I couldn't agree more. I have, however been selling Chinese made Karda heat pumps, but only the 5kw inverter units. They were the same capacity as Mitsi's GE35. The outdoor unit was a lot heavier than Mitsi (and noisier), and equally reliable, but not very nice to install. They had a cheap and nasty mounting bracket for the indoor unit, and a bit tricky to feed the com. wires to the indoor board. As with Mitsi, they have like a funnel at the back and you simply can't go wrong.

mugenb20b, Apr 14, 7:36am
That's already been established, but the heat pump is to go to Taumarunui.

elect70, Apr 15, 1:39am
Ive heard every heat pump called crapusually by those who have never installed & serviced the brand ., I replaced a 7 year old mitsi thathad rotted to a pile of scrap recentlybut owner happy enough , said it had worked Ok for7 years. Gree give 5 rear parts & labour warranty so cant be that badelse RE wouldnt keep selling them .I even put in obscure chinesename ones owners have bought & no complaintsNot everything chinese is cap.