V8 Hamilton

attitudedesignz, Apr 15, 6:28am
I guess you're insinuating Skylines are real cars.

attitudedesignz, Apr 15, 6:32am
Thank christ for that lol. Very partial to Sierra Cosworths myself.

socram, Apr 15, 7:27am
Plenty of classic racing around with healthy varied grids.You don't have to limit your support to Red vs Blue, but they have the dollars and the profile and even the media on their side, so let them get on with it.Street racing televises well, but as a live spectator event, it is somewhat limited - but at least the fans are buying the tickets.

skully13, Apr 15, 8:01am
If that is all you have to bitch about, then I think you are having a pretty good day.

elect70, Apr 16, 3:49am
Hamptons just up the road if want to see alternative racing or are you just a whinger !

skully13, Apr 16, 4:22am
New Zealand land of the moaner.

demons, Apr 16, 4:29am
i think you need to look at the big picture a .4.3 milspent on setting up the event,im only guessing that maybe half that would have gone straight back to hamiton ,i got caught in traffic yesterday woop d the tron aint that big,

jason18, Apr 16, 4:35am
No thats england

skully13, Apr 16, 9:44pm
No that is fast becoming New Zealand.

snowdevl500, Apr 16, 9:54pm
I'm interested in knowing what the old V8 codgers who went along thought of the drift demo! Or more specifically, Mad Mike's 4 rotor RX7. Beautiful sounding car, right! Haha.

johnf_456, Apr 16, 9:55pm
I partly agree, the same old Ford vs Holden argument gets lame and boring after a while. It needs to be opened up more to more manufacturers.

elect70, Apr 16, 11:14pm
^^ they have beforebut none haveput their hand up

howie69, Apr 17, 12:02am
Get a life thousands enjoy the battle between the blue and redV8's and it is a great exposure for your city. In Wellington our Greenie Council of the time killed it and our city is the loser for this. Be grateful your city has an event bringing mega dollars and heaps of live TV exposure internationally

gunhand, Apr 17, 12:19am
Id agree LOL.
No race cars
No noise
No street circuts
No minning
No fishing Well thy would like to try.
No access
No talking on phone in car (u no what i mean)
No smacking your children (also u no what i mean)
No swearing on msg boards
No off shore drilling
No sending soliders off to war, they might get hurt.
No police carrying sidearms, some crim might get hurt.
and thats off the top of my head.
Seems a few do not want this country to move ahead with anything.

pieman33h, Apr 17, 12:24am
so you moan every year! this is the 4th year and its been the same every year, i welcome it to the city - and i hope it continues, as do im sure, the bar owners, moteliers etc that benefit.

hunnyb1, Apr 17, 12:35am
pity my cousin has gone bankrupt over it.

davedog, Apr 17, 8:13am
Amazes me that those that aren't into the V8s don't possess the common courtesy to respect the wishes of those that are - sure it is a few days of hassle, but it makes a lot of people happy.

(and no - I'm not an avid V8 supporter, didn't go) but hope those that did enjoyed it and apologise for the crappy Waikato rain you got today!

saki, Apr 17, 8:38am
The "other" (read skylines) cars werent banned from racing at bathhurst, Group A was canned worldwide due to falling numbers and the cost of competing in a world championship series,

russ6, Apr 17, 8:43am
Even Volvos had a whirl around Bathurst.

skully13, Apr 17, 8:29pm
Finally Saki, someone that knows history, and doesn't let facts get in the way of a good story. By the way the racing was good yesterday, even sitting in the rain. Off there again soon.

chris_051, Apr 17, 10:44pm
+1 but don't tell the skyline fan boys that as they might shed a tear.
I drove over the Kaimais yesterday, roads were wet,not the nicest conditions. I thought I'll probably see a few old bastards in their late model HSVs or XR6s thinking they know how to drive after watching the V8s.
But you can always count on the fuckwit rwd Nissan crowd to put on a show, a white R33 was being pulled out of a ditch on the Waikato side with it rear end stoved in. Another piece of shit off the road and another flat brimmed cap Skyline driver who learnt the hard way that he can't drift.

mrfxit, Nov 11, 3:17pm
I heard at the time that group A was banned because of the shear excessive speeds they were getting up to.
Same thing happened about the same time to formula & saloon racing with "ground effects" body kits allowing really high speeds.
$$$ doesn't really matter to factory racing, but puts it out of reach & or makes it harder for independent teams