Car Alarm help needed urgently

3962, Apr 13, 6:20am
Might mean a door is ajar or bonnet/boot. In cases of a break in on Holdens, the indicator flashes so many times.pause.then flash again to let you know which area was disturbed. Might be similar.

74nova, Apr 13, 7:37am
button one is to arm and disarm the alarm. The second button is for a momentary 'silent' arm or an auxiliary like boot release. What it sounds like your doing is arming and then disarming the alarm. The indicators light up for 30 seconds when the alarm is disarmed

aktow, Apr 13, 2:05pm
i have a mongoose alarm and iam going to get it ripped out of the car,,once and a whileyou get back to your car and then you push the remote,, nothing, no beeps . you open the door with the key and the bloody alarm goes off and on, to the pointwhere some one abusesyou,for making a noise.afterpushing the button so many times you get sick of it and take a rest. after 10 minutes or more,you hear a beep beep,,the car is deactivated again so you can drive home. i have changedthe battery . the bloody car alarm people said there is nothing wrong with there alarm. yeah right till next time.

74nova, Apr 13, 6:57pm
Theres nothing wrong with mongoose. I've been using them for 20 years. Maybe you wanna check your remote as the battery contacts get dirty and need cleaning every so often or even change the battery. Everything needs alittle maintenance from time to time.

intrade, Apr 13, 8:15pm
well my punto had a mongoos alarm. the crap never worked right . so i investigated and i sniped disabled the crap within 30 secounds. used my wire cutter and chopped the rest of the crap off and fitted it in the rubbish where it belongs.

footplate1, Apr 13, 8:40pm
Had some issues with mine but solved by the Mongoose outlet on the North Shore.Of course, you may not be in Auckalofa but there is bound to be an agent in other cities. Have had a Mongoose on several cars and only one glitch - this happened to be an annoying series of beeps when locking.

Too good a unit to trash.

richard198, Apr 14, 5:17am
If you are sure that no doors are partialy open; the pin switches on the doors, bonnet etc. may be malfuctioning. Also are you sure your car battery is fully charged! The alarm is telling you something is wrong. It's up to you fix the problem before the alarm can do it's job. (Assume nothing!)
I used to install Mongoose and other makes.
I never had a problem with Mongoose.

74nova, Apr 14, 5:26am
And the other thing is the quality of the installation. Was install by someone who knows what there doing and was in someones back yard.

jono2912, Apr 14, 6:00am
Not familiar with Mongoose, but it may be shock sensor. Do you love near road or was it windy!

@intrade - In your case, I would of questioned the installer.

booked60, Oct 28, 1:00pm
As you stated New, not working properly go to who installed get instructions on owner user manual it seams this was not installed by professionals may be the case here.