Motorbike firing but not starting? HELP

ride_bmx1, Apr 11, 1:03am
i have a 49cc Honda correos pit bike. it went fine then just died and wont start so i checked spark and its getting spark its 2stroke so checked it has right mixture not that took carb off and cleaned it out and everything seems fine. cant smell petrol on spark plug though! any ideas what could be wrong! it runs for like 2 maybe 3 seconds then dies. also tried playing around with fuel mix screw

flat_white_ltd, Apr 11, 1:08am
( Hey, please don't get p*ssed ). you aren't trying to start it on full choke after it's fired, by any chance.!

ride_bmx1, Apr 11, 1:17am
ok. have drained carb several times cheers

ride_bmx1, Apr 11, 1:19am
fired on no choke

biddy6, Apr 11, 2:17am
Has it got compression!

kiwi-d, Apr 11, 2:53am
ARE YOU SURE ITS TWO STROKE!

peril787b1, Apr 11, 3:14am
When was the last time you cleaned the air filter! If the filter is blocked it won't run

plasticboys, Apr 11, 3:22am
newspark plug needed if its a 2 stroke some times they look fine but are not

ride_bmx1, Apr 11, 6:21am
yes has compression, yes is 2stroke! as far as im aware of. airfilter is clean. yeah i was thinking that. have another bike the same and used the plug out of it and still didnt go! so guessing it a fuel problem nut getting fuel from cvarb to piston! maybe!

dasfi, Apr 11, 6:36am
Bit of start ya Bastard works fine, half a can got mine going last nyt.

keith18, Apr 11, 7:56am
when did you use it last ! 2 strokes dont like a masson bee nest up the exhaust . i had a 2 stroke pump motor ,would start and then die almost straight away . bees up the exhaust

toxicgreen., Apr 11, 8:29am
Go over all the basics,petrol,spark,compressio-
n,unsrew phillips under carby, see petrol flow-retighten(if no flow tap bowl housing lightly with hammer ,clean all of plug with toothbrush,an tri starting with no air filter,refit filter before riding.Stand bike on back wheel to let built up oil drain out of exhaust(best done wen motor is hot an fuel tank has run out) dribble 10 mls of petrol down plug hole to help start it.

jmma, Apr 11, 8:31am
drain tank and carb, start again with fresh fuel

roys351, Apr 11, 8:59am
sounds like stale petrol to me

40wav, Apr 11, 9:08am
I dont believe that 'myth'. I got my chainsaw out of the shed after it sat there for over a year with fuel in, gave it a bit of a shake, and it started 2nd pull and ran fine, just like always.

roys351, Apr 11, 9:15am
my saw wont start after 2 months fresh gas and it starts. if your saw is a husky or sthil it will proberley start fine on stale gas

ml6989, Apr 11, 10:05am
Poor quality fuel we get dished up, fouled spark plug. I would bet tomorrows bowl of Kornies on it!

cheviot, Apr 11, 10:39am
Same here with my old 82 honda 500. Sits outside under a tarp since xmas 08 and starts on the 6th kick with the same petrol it's had in since then and I started my old 350 chev after 18 months with the same old fuel.

plasticboys, Apr 11, 4:03pm
all l know 90% of all bikes l'v fixed has been the spark plug other thing is a bit of shite stuck in the main jet

lugee, Apr 12, 3:51am
I started my Honda CRX after it had been stored for 8 years with the same petrol in it.

tekaholics, Apr 13, 2:54am
hard have to agree it will be the float inside the carby

tekaholics, Oct 23, 1:40pm
wow.amazing if only it was about your car