Honda Odyssey 2000 with 161ks on clock

karmar, Apr 8, 7:11am
Hi everyone, I am very serious about purchasing a Honda Odyssey 2000 VTEC with 161,000 kms on the clock, the car is reasonably good shape for a car of that age, and it has a full vehicle service history.It has had an AA check today and there are a few things that have come up.The most concerning is a knocking noise at the front that could be a suspension issue, we have offered the owner $7,400 for the vehicle, with no commitment to purchase yet, I would be interested to hear anybodies un-emotional comments in relation to the car.The car is due a service and a cam-belt change at the end of this year.What do you think!

karmar, Apr 8, 7:39am
Thanks Vtecintegra, I think I will have a look at those vehicles you have suggested, I have to admit that I am not especially happy with the mileage of 161kms, I can't help but think there will be problems just around the corner, service history or not.

franc123, Apr 8, 8:02am
Be fussy and take your time, there is a swag of those to choose from in the $6-8K range, theres no need to be buying one thats done more than 100-120K, 8 should get one which has had a recent belt change or may even get thrown in as part of the deal!

vtecintegra, Apr 9, 4:48am
The four cylinder should be okay at that (still relatively low) mileage.

The six is another matter entirely, be very wary of the transmission

fordcrzy, Apr 9, 8:34am
yes they do.we have a sport one and its GREAT. after driving all the other barges that call themselves cars.the ipsum was fantastic to drive.

johnf_456, Apr 9, 8:53am
I'm surprised you mentioned something that is not holden.

fordcrzy, Apr 9, 9:02am
i'm surprised holden havent rebadged the (Zafira!) vauxhaull people mover to sell over here.they seem to rebadge every other car brand out there and call it there own.(do holden even make cars anymore or do they just make badges and HSV merchandise.(oh that's right HSV merchandise is sold at the mitsi and toyota dealers as thats what they actually drive).oh and yes i drive a ford every day.

johnf_456, Apr 9, 9:05am
Your going to get a lot of flack for that I can just see it coming.

fordcrzy, Apr 9, 11:18am
fords line up.
falcon (ford)
focus(ford)
Mondeo(ford)
Fiesta(ford)
Ranger(ford/mazda)
Territory(ford)

Holdens line up.
Commodore (holden)
Cruse(daewoo)
barina(daewoo)
epica (daewoo)
Colorado (isuzu)
Captiva(daewoo)
oh and don't forget the combo(vauxhaul)

franc123, Apr 9, 11:03pm
**Stop Press**, I believe the Colorado is now Daewoo sourced too.

johnf_456, Apr 10, 7:10am
But isn't holden suppose to be a 100% piece of Aussie engineering, according to. Just had to say it,

franc123, Apr 10, 7:29am
Hehe, how to distort an argument with outdated information.Many of those models were discontinued YEARS ago.Even much of Mazdas current line is based around Ford technology and concepts, not the other way around, if anything they are very much joint projects.The fact remains that Holden, with the exception of the Commodore family, is simply a brand name attached to mostly Daewoo product, and being flogged off as "Australias Own".Isuzu isn't even part of GM anymore anyway!Hence why Holden no longer have the rights to the Rodeo nameplate.

franc123, Apr 10, 7:35am
Anyway, this thread is about what Odyssey to buy, not how rubbish Holdens current lineup is lol.Perhaps there are some more Toyotas you could recommend!

johnf_456, Apr 10, 7:58am
Yup that will make Scotty curdle.

fordcrzy, Oct 17, 3:42pm
oh yeah totally agree. the bad thing is people seem to go all dyslexic when it comes to the differences between the FIESTA and FESTIVA

did i happen to mention.BUY AN IPSUM!