Gunhand, Robman. paint gurus.

gunhand, Apr 8, 3:52am
Hmmm tricky. about all I can tell you is alot of motors are painted with 2k solid and seems to be quite durable. Not sure about long term with petrol on it all the time.
As for a clear coat same deal really.There may be a POR product that is fuel resistant. There are products out there for sure that are fuel resistant but I dont know with out going and asking either. and of course if there compatable with what you have on it. You may find the answer at a normal paint shop (house paints etc) as appossed to automotive.

Dont you hate when people change there mind

attitudedesignz, Apr 8, 5:15am
Yep, POR will have a 2 pack clear that is VERY chemical resistant. Also i think U-POL do a good one.

rob_man, Apr 8, 5:24am
Bugger, I typed a very comprehensive reply and must have forgotten to click on Post message about an hour ago.
Basically, hammer finish paints are generally industrial and are very robust, does the label or product sheet recommend baking, this will extend the life and strength of most enamel finishes.
There are polyurethane clears in spraycans which should have no reaction to your paint finish, maybe one of them will do the job.

rob_man, Apr 8, 6:51am
Is it in a spray can! Not a good sign. I'd still consider baking it though but I guess the heat will do that ifthey run the engine.

attitudedesignz, Oct 10, 11:03am
The 3M stuff at supersheep and the likes is re-branded K&H, not the most reknown for quality products.

Silly Q time Ant, is it possible to re-do it with a.for want of a better word."quality" product!