Roof Racks for Kayaks.

4crittersnmee, Apr 3, 6:59pm
We need to rack two kayaks and don't even know where to start.Who do you see about getting this kind of thing done!

tmenz, Apr 3, 7:15pm
Supercheap, Repco etc. have some racks you could look at.

xs1100, Apr 3, 10:06pm
get in touch with cheviot out at penrose they manufacture the rola roof rack range very nice style and do the whole kayak accessories thing ask for david he owns the place

4crittersnmee, Apr 4, 1:04am
Thanks for your help. We live in Blenheim otherwise the Penrose guy would be great.We don't mind travelling to Chch or Nelson to get it done if someone knows anyone/thing there.The ones at Repco and Supercheap seem so expensive for what they are, we were wondering if some place does the whole lot - fit etc for a better or comparative price (such as the Penrose place).

Thanks again.Ideas still welcome!

xs1100, Apr 4, 2:25am
get in touch with cheviot they will either have a distributor down your way or can courier them down not hard to fit unless you get the permanent ones then they have to be rivited to the roof

tmenz, Apr 4, 5:21am
Google Prorack, Suparax, Rhino racks.

ferita, Apr 4, 5:23am
if its a sit on top kayak then a normal roofrack and some motorcycle straps work ok. I use that for mine and havent had any troubles.

tmenz, Apr 5, 10:11pm
Repco have just what you want 30% discounted in their latest flyer!
Google PR3032N

neville48, Apr 5, 10:52pm
We were north of warkworth after Kumeu show when I saw a really funny sight. sitting on the side of the road was two kayaks still strapped to the roofrack, unmoved in position. about 100 yards up the road was a red corrolla with a young guy and girl looking very worried and roofrack-less, it looked so funny and looked to be no damage to anything other than the " shite, what do we do next" look about them. Moral of the story, no matter how good the roofrack, Kayaks still stop a lot of wind, attach it well.

4crittersnmee, Oct 6, 11:09am
A very good story indeed. That's why we want to get it right.We have a ute with a fibreglass cover at the back, so standard racks will not work (I think) on that part.We will have to get something welded and fitted by someone, possibly.

Either that or two kayaks may be listed soon.