TT225 1986 Motorbike - Help Help

karen31, Apr 2, 10:28am
I have a TT225 that will start and run perfectly for 1km then splutter and die.I leave it a minute and it will do exactly the same ditance again before it dies again.It seems to get hot then run rough as guts.Ive checked all the electrics, tried a new carb.Noone I know knows how to fix it including a motorbike mechanics.Not really worth taking in to the shop to get fixed anyway.I have had the engine in pieces 3 times putting new gears in the gearbox.I also don't have a second gear(just acts like another neutral) if anyone knows what I may have done wrong their it would be appreciated to.

bren16, Apr 3, 6:36am
.Could it be a filter inside the fuel tank being blocked

rojakell, Apr 3, 7:26am
also that the breather on top of the tank isn't blocked

dabountyhunter, Apr 3, 8:44am
cam chain!

40wav, Apr 3, 9:05am
Er, can you elaborate on that a bit.!

40wav, Apr 3, 9:06am
+1, try it with the filler cap loosened to test this.

dabountyhunter, Apr 3, 9:13am
just a bit. i had an old bike that did a similar thing, no one could fix it. till someone replaced the cam chain.

just a thought.

good old bikes the tt.hope you get it sorted.

dunwoody, Apr 3, 8:23pm
2 or 4 stroke. A two strokes sump has to be absolutely airtight particularly the crankshaft seals. If its a four stroke any of the other suggestions could be right.

helpless, Apr 3, 8:32pm
Either some thing's wrong with the Fuel delivery or Ignition Coil or CDI or Stator.Those are the normal things to look into in a run and conk out situation.A mechanic who can't fix those by cleaning or swapping in known good parts or diagnose them as possible causes is a useless chap.,,and a 225 is a 4 stroke.

bitsy_boffin, Sep 25, 6:05pm
The 1km then die sounds like a fuel supply issue to me, float bowl not filling quick enough, I'd start looking at the fuel tap, fuel filters, and fuel line.If it is a tap with a vacuum cutoff (fuel flows only when vacuum applied), replace the vacuum line after checking that fuel flows with a manual draw (suck on it - the vacuum line not the fuel one!).