Ford telstar ghia special edition paul radisich 93

Page 1 / 2
carmad50, Mar 19, 7:05am
anybody got info on these or a workshop manual that covers the security coded stereo man these cars get up n goooooooo varoooooooooomm

carmad50, Mar 19, 7:06am
takes on xr6 s and eats em

pnh4, Mar 19, 7:11am
is that 16 or 20 valve 2.0!

skully13, Mar 19, 7:48am
That would be neither of those. 24valve 2.5l V6

pnh4, Mar 19, 8:09am
Sounds awesome 2.0Ls were sick.

unbeatabull, Mar 19, 8:10am
What do you need to know about the Stereo!

If you need the code, just ring a Ford Dealer with your VIN/Rego Plate and they should be able to provide it for ya

carmad50, Mar 19, 8:30am
got the codebut mystefied whih keys to get code entered and dosent ask for code i took battery out and recharged ithasnt been usuable since

carmad50, Mar 19, 8:31am
i mean as in md button ld button amfm power buttons which is enter which is set etc etc

carmad50, Mar 19, 8:34am
misses playing metalica blak betty and acdc sounds making v6 sing at 6 thou rpm red lines at 6800 rpm snots

200sx, Mar 19, 9:25am
Man, they were desirable back in the day. A colleague of mine forked out on a blue one brand new, beautiful car to drive and by the days standards performed very nicely. Most are now absolutely rooted, but a few good ones survive.

carmad50, Mar 20, 6:18am
yerp I d never heard of these spec editions b4 this ones got medium ks at 233 dosent burn oil been key scrapped few places other wise pretty stanard ly tidyish for its age got a 4 sale sign on it $3800 had no bites dunno why

rayzor14, Mar 20, 7:58am
I had a yellow one which I bought as an ex demonstrator.
Frankly I wouldn't consider it one of my better purchases. Try driving 400km in it and standing upright afterwards!
Power was pretty good in its day and they handled well.just let down by seats that sucked and a price that pretended they were far superior to what they actually were.
Aside from that it used oil at a shocking rate for a car that had done only 11000km. Try a litre per tank of gas.
Perhaps a bad one but enough to educate me that a Radisich sticker on the back didnt mean it was anything more than a 2.5 litre Telstar was ROH wheels and an exclusive colour.
Call Ford with the VIN they will talk you through the stereo issue.
As for eating XR6s.good luck with that!

ryanm2, Mar 20, 8:40am
And uprated suspension and a few other enhancements too. I think they are great cars, future collectable, most have over 200k on the clock which shows they are pretty tough. Sold mine at 238k.

un_known, Mar 20, 11:11am
any1 know if they used the KLZE engine in them! or is it just the the stock DE version!

pnh4, Mar 20, 11:18am
any1 know the IRONY of your question, with the likes of your user name.

200sx, Mar 21, 3:11am
Were the subsequent Eurosport Telstars essentially the same vehicle but without any signature or reference to Radisich!

skully13, Mar 21, 4:08am
It was just the KL-DE engine but they had Bilstein suspension tune by Paul Radisich. The Eurosport was pretty much the same car but without the Radisich tuned Bilstein suspension (from what I understand).

skully13, Mar 21, 4:10am
The KL-ZE would of been pretty good in them though.

rayzor14, Mar 21, 5:45am
Then again a standard telstar could have been fitted with Bilsteins and good quality springs, 16" alloys, momo wheel and gear knob and a hell of a lot more and STILL leave the owner with a pocket full of change over a Radisich back then.
Future classic I doubt.a Corona Amon never became one and that was a lot more of a car, albeit a generation earlier.

carmad50, Mar 22, 9:52am
geepers these cars are pretty dam rare they were fitted with a 2.5. v5 that was quad cam enhanced compter chipped 4 wh disc brakes and there was a 4 w steer version al in al a car that still willl cruise town at 50 ks yet feed it and its eats the oposition for a ford it honks collectorable yer yer i m just after how to sort the sounds really but no one seems to know how to set them must be the same stereo fitted to falcons and fairlanes surely .coronas were crap mate theyre boneyier seats than these these are recaro covered seats boney yerp as for oil hasnt used a drop in 12000 k only thing it suks is petrol 8 k s alitre open rd 95kph rd town 50kph 10ks a litre not bad fer a v6
fords always have there good n bad points can compare em to whatever jap car u like see if theyre on the road in 25 yrs time this one will be
cost a lot yer maybe thats the price we pay just for matainance brakes auto engine servicing wof s n regos insurance all p[art ve life worst luck so who really knows how to do the stereo!

phillip.weston, Mar 22, 9:58am
carmad50, do you realise that the Telstar is a JAPANESE Mazda 626 wearing different clothes!

rayzor14, Mar 22, 11:29am
Ahhh, no, they did not have a "chipped computer". They offered exactly the same output as the TX5 XRi.

There was never a 4 wheel steer version of the Radisich, nor for that matter any other of the Telstar sedan variants sold on the local market. Some Japanese domestic spec models may have had 4ws but they are obviously Japanese so dont count as Fords (using your logic)

The presence of a Ford badge does not detract from the fact that the Telstar of that generation was in fact a rebadged Mazda 626. Japanese in design and execution.

Seats in a Radisich were not Recaro. Period. They shared common seats with the TX5 XRi.they were not Recaro either.

Had you taken the time to READ what has been said numerous times in this thread you would by now already know how to fix the stereo. RING FORD WITH THE VIN NUMBER!

bmwnz, Mar 22, 11:42am
I bought a new Telstar 2.5L in 1995. It had way too much power for a front wheel drive car and the steering became a real bastard under hard acceleration. At 200kph it was white-knuckle stuff and it surely wasn't the best handling car I've had. When I compared that with a 96 BMW 528 I had the Ford out-accelerated the 528 very easily, but at 200kph in the Bimmer, you could literally drive with one finger, plus turn corners with ease.

Driving from Palmy to Auckland in the Ford I'd get a bad neck ache and headache due to being thrown around by the harsh ride. I loved the power, but was completely under-whelmed by the rest of the deal.

fordcrzy, Mar 23, 6:45am
it's been years and years since i didi a coe on a telstar.(used to work as a groomer at a ford dealer).

scratching my memory banks .

try using the fm preset buttons for the numbers.then you push a button to the rightof those (maybe search!) then up and to the left (clock!) it's been so many years i can't really remember. the other way to try is holding down the auto button and the number 6 and see if the dashes come up.then enter code with the fm presetbuttons then auto/6 again to store it.

carmad50, Mar 25, 9:43am
well did do my research cant get manual on line,bugger, as for comments mines a jap import from new (wonders why) built as one of 500 for paul radisich racing and sold publicly so he could race them in the australian and european (british mostly) saloons
there were some 4 wheel steer models in australia probadly come from japan too .
this one has the momo seats and yes theyre boney long trips
15 inch ford alloys with nitro tyres longer tyre wear (marked as such with green caps)
240 k speedo specific blue paintwork signature s and special ed plates and stickered ghai special ed4 w disc brakes enhanced at factory computer chipped bigger fuel injection nozzles quad cam 2.5 v6 4 stage auto
fitted towbar 3 in one stereo cruise controlelectrics etc etc
I do remember dribbling on one of these back in 93 wishing I had the 44thou price tag having been for a strop in one certainly the performance was and is up there with the likes of the preludes skylines r32 r33snever heard of any in yellow paintwork theyd be ikkkkkkkkkkk the body kit on these is quite unique too air dam type and wee spoiler off the boot and rear air dam for tho flow .I m told there was /is a turbo d version around but these were redwith white stripe.
as for buttons reset have sat there for couple v hours trying diffways figuring itmite be like setting up a digital watch yerp nice day
thanks for trying thoe and any experts out there please put your ideas as per the 3 in one stereo here thanks