QUESTION RE: Ford Telstar 1992 12valve 2lt.

writy, Mar 27, 12:14am
Problem. over heating. head gasket not blown, radiator cap changed , thermostat changed. water gurgles out of radiator sort of disappears then returns spelling out over the top of the radiator then is sucked back down.Sometimes after i've been down the road i open the bonnet and the radiator hoses are almost flat. could it be the water pump!i've never seen one off a telstar before is there a chance the shaft may have broken on the inside but still letting the belt do it's thing ! i dunno beats me i've had 2 mechanics look at it 1 suggested the cap and the other suggested the thermostat $50 later still having probs.

writy, Mar 27, 1:01am
Anyone !

intrade, Mar 27, 1:23am
overheting = craked head on these. I know i had one of these they also blow out the heater element. i changed it 2 times for a secoundhand unit befor i sold it. and yea i fitted a other head.
to see if waterpump works just check if your internal heater gives off heat or not.they are also using loads of fuel but go real fast I done 190kph once on the desert road with my one years ago.

intrade, Mar 27, 1:26am
flat hoses is when the engine is sucking the water thru the cracked head and burns it , i have usedthe irontight red stuff on my one purchased not knowing with cracked head. and after it did not work you could seethe red goop showing under rockercover where the head had cracks. My one just did use the water ran fine no signs otherwise.

writy, Mar 27, 2:24am
wouldn't that show other signs as well! like running rough.mmm now that i think about it the revs on idle increased a far bit at about the same time it started to O/H but still didn't run rough though. But i do notice it lets off it's fair share of vapor out the exhaust. no signs of water in the oil, heaps of compression.

intrade, Mar 27, 2:27am
my one ran as if nothing was wrong apart from the water gone done about 60km for 1/2liter water to vanish.

writy, Mar 27, 2:33am
mines O/Heating by the time i get to the end of our street.

intrade, Aug 31, 2:05am
scrap it they are to old unless you can get a cheap good head. and do it your self changing head is easy on these.