A rough idea of paint cost pretty please :)

lydia.m., Apr 3, 5:28am
at this stage I'm just getting an idea of the cost of restoring a classic mustang,could someone roughly give me the cost of a full paint job in a classic color,( not custom color or fancy paint effect) for a 1971 mustang , it will probably have the stripes down the bonnet, I know it can't be exact without seeing it,just round it off to the nearest kidney ,thanks :)

v8_mopar, Apr 3, 5:32am
$5000 - $15000

gunhand, Apr 3, 6:18am
Do you know of Satch the tatooist up there at all and have you seen his stang!
what sort of condition is your car, ie in need of lot of work body wise or just the paint need doing!

lydia.m., Apr 3, 6:29am
I know of him ,he used to live in athol just down the road from me,but not sure of the car ,what color is it! I usually spot them floating around town lol.I don't know about the condition yet I haven't seen it ( or bought it yet ) It will be coming from the states so I realize if it needs body work as well that will be extra :)

lydia.m., Apr 3, 6:32am
jesus H!asked some of the guys in services andgot one back 35000,please tell me that was a typo!

gunhand, Apr 3, 6:35am
His is a 67 notch back in bright red. I did the motor out full body respray on that one a few years ago. Not sure if he still has it but he rekoned he would never get rid of it.

Yes body work is extra. untill car is seen it is a hard job to even guess what needs done.Depending on the state of it I wouldnt excpect much change from 10k from a shop to do a mint job. Unless it is mint allready and you want the colour changed.

lydia.m., Apr 3, 6:41am
nope can't recall seeing it around town at least not regularly he may not use it around town much,I won't be changing the color if I can help it ( unless they bring me back a horrid canary yellow one lol)
I'm hoping it's pretty tidy, so bodywork should be minor,thanks for your help :)

gunhand, Apr 3, 6:47am
lydia.m. wrote:
nope can't recall seeing it around town at least not regularly he may not use it around town much,I won't be changing the color if I can help it ( unless they bring me back a horrid canary yellow one lol)
I'm hoping it's pretty tidy, so bodywork should be minor,thanks for your help :)[/quote

Post on here when you have it and want it looked at.

lydia.m., Apr 3, 6:48am
awesome,it won't be till later in the year :)

gunhand, Apr 3, 6:52am
Ive painted 6 stangs I can think of, 2 red 1 dark green with stripes 1 darkblueand 2 white ones. Prob more but Ive lost count of the cars ive done lol.

rob_man, Apr 3, 7:33am
Sounds like my history of GT Falcons, Sunbeam Tigers/Alpines and Daimler SP250s.
I lost count. Strange mixture but once one of those cliques gets hold of you there's no getting away from them.
There was another guy who did classic single seaters and he made my life a misery in the end, I ended up telling him I was going out of business to get rid of him.

gunhand, Apr 3, 7:42am
Yep I ended up doing mostly aussie and american rust. eer sorry classics.
Just the circles the owners move in I guess. They get there car done and are happy and they show it around and next thing you get heaps of them lol.

rob_man, Apr 3, 7:52am
I remember a guy I worked for once telling the boy not to park a Triumph 2000 at the front of the workshop in case another Triumph owner saw it and decided to bring his in for some work.