Truck body question

keith18, Mar 27, 6:44am
i have a scania tipper and i want to put the tray on twist locks or similar and have a turn table set up the same to swap over . i have a turntable on a frame off exactly the same model truck , can this be done easily !

1fordluva, Mar 27, 7:22am
You will have to ensure that the crossmembers are of the same factory numbers.
Cross members vary because of different weight applications.
Because the truck you want to do this too,hasnt got a turntable,you now have too measure the correct holes and pattern to see if it will fit.
The problem you may have is that the mudgaurd posts may be in the wrong position due to one truck being non turn table.
From memory the non turntable volvos I built were 150mls post difference.
Also the turn table rails must be even on both sides to within 3mls corner to corner both sides.
Or you wont be able to move it.
Yes I built custom mack and volvos for 4 years.

1fordluva, Mar 27, 7:47am
Forgot to add, see if the non turntable unit has a single rail or twin rail.

keith18, Mar 27, 8:24am
ITS TWIN SKIN ON BOTH TRUCKS i was more worried about cof problems certs etc

1fordluva, Mar 27, 4:52pm
Well that means that things may line up.
If you have to cut or weld anything,you may find you will have problems getting a cof.
It would be best to talk to a place that does cof,s or a truck service centre engineer about it.
Best of luck.

rojakell, Mar 28, 6:52pm
I worked for Roadmaster Trailers for a few years (fitter welder) and this sort of stuff is fairly run of the mill. Talk to a mechanical engineer, you will need it signed off with a Heavy vehicle cert, for both alterations (twistlocks+5th wheel install)

keith18, Mar 28, 7:32pm
thanks .i heard you couldnt do it to an old truck without abs

bash, Sep 6, 4:02pm
yes you can do it just get hold of your ltsa engineer to draw any changes that are needed and follow his instructions and he will file paper work with land transport and you can get cof