Air bag light has come on today

s.patete, Mar 28, 4:33am
Have been out chopping firewood all weekend and noticed on way home today my air bag light is staying on.I havnt hit anything but wood is around a k down a farm track and across 2 paddocks, would the bouncing around down the track have loosened anything! What am I looking for if I get under it!98 Falcon by the way.

johnf_456, Mar 28, 4:37am
Checkthe connections under the seat.

shane.64, Mar 28, 5:44am
You will need to take it in to get reset .But tell them just a reset so they don't rip you off. They are like a fire extinguisher need to be checked when the time is up

nathan84, Mar 28, 5:56am
dosent have connectors under seat

nathan84, Mar 28, 5:56am
it wil have a blown fuse for airbag then when you replace it the light will flash a code 52 wich you have to clear by earthing a pin on diagnostic pins in fuse box then code 53 will flash then you will have to clear it, main reason for blowing fuse is your battery getting sick

johnf_456, Mar 28, 6:21am
Most do re check

zak1998, Mar 28, 6:49am
Seat belt wire under the seats

franc123, Mar 28, 7:05am
Some confident answers given that none of you asked if its an EL or an AU.Big difference in the SRS diagnostics and connectors under seats for pretensioner or sidebags can't be there given that neither of those models had them.or are equipped with factory fire extinguishers LMAO.

bigfatmat1, Mar 28, 7:21am
Was thinking the same so I didn't comment lol. I am unsure about why one would compare to a fire extinguisher.

johnf_456, Mar 28, 7:39am
Meh just a generic answer has most cars do and the connections under the seats get knocked easily over. Lazy sunday I can't be bothered researching what car has them, far too many models of cars to know everything.

s.patete, Sep 3, 1:42pm
Cheers for all the responses the light is solid, its an EL by the way.Will get in and have a look under seat and check fuses, if all checks out ok I guess ill just take it into Ford to get sorted