Trailer Lamp Testing Rig / Jump Start Trolley?

zephyrheaven, Mar 27, 8:09pm
Does anyone make a trailer lamp testing rig - Ive picked up a new client with 26 trailers to WOF this month - I remember making a trailer lamp testing rig at Tech many moons ago, someone decided they liked it so took it from the workshop one day 8( ages ago
I reckon a trolley with a heavy duty battery for jump starting with a built in trailer lamp testing rig would be swell - does anyone in NZ make them!
I guess I would make another one but hmm - time is money etc

TIA

bigfatmat1, Mar 27, 8:48pm
I made a hand held one out of a pdl electrical box7 switches and 2 small sealed led acid motorcycle batt does 12/24 v and weights bout 6 kg does the job sweet will soon add rf remote so I don't have to walk the length of a b train to switch a switch. You could make one like this for around $100 or as you mentioned jump start trolley with one on. I found the jump start type not to good for when I needed to go out to do a job on site. I have not seen them sold anywhere and Have built a few different types for customers.

unideck, Mar 27, 8:51pm
Was a guy on here selling them but done a quick search and looks like hes gone! I built my own using a 12v drill battery so it can be recharged, very straight forward James, you get stuck I could build you one :)

mrfxit, Mar 27, 10:13pm
MMMMMM yes sepperate switchs are a good idea
Limits shorts to a single wire/light & saves battery drain.

bigfatmat1, Mar 27, 11:00pm
I have a current limit circuit built in for the sole purpose of locating shorts. I also have a low charge light for when batteries are getting flat and warning lights so i know what is on.

zephyrheaven, Mar 28, 3:41am
I like it - I reckon a remote would be swell! Jump trolley works for me as all the later model mobile jump packs are useless in real world use

lookoutas, Mar 28, 3:48am
Even I could make one of those zeph:)

How's things going in the new shop!

zephyrheaven, Mar 28, 3:54am
Yip pretty good mate, hopefully the overworked signwriters will be there this week prettying up the front of the place - overall Im pretty happy with the new shop, loads lighter & warmer feeling - got all 4 hoists up & running now, just kinda settling in still tho

Scored a lockup near home finally (poor guy was taking 20-30 calls a day after the quake, I waited a bit) just around the corner so will pile all the Zephyr spares & a complete spare car in there

Hope to be selling up & either building or buying a house (with a mega huge garage!) close to West Melton - seems to be holding up well round that area (old riverbed)

Cheers

guest, Nov 1, 9:38am
got a hand trolley at work with two N70Z batteries, a 4 pole and a 2 pole isolator switches, 4 pole one turned on gives 12 volts (puts batteries in parallel) turning off that one and turning on the 2 pole (puts batteries in series) one gives 24 volts. two 00 leads with heavy clamps for jumpstarting. a set of smaller 6mm leads for testing devices. Has a box above the batteries with 6 switches and indicator lights (left, right, brake, electric brakes, tail, stop, auxiliary) for testing trailers and trailer sockets, a flat 7 pin socket, round 7 pin large socket (trucks etc) and two smaller round 6 and 7 pin sockets, and two leads, one with flat 7 pin plug and one with large round 7 pin plug. Also has little maintenance charger fitted so when you are finished roll it over to a powerpoint and plug it in.