Trailer loading ramps.

cuda.340, Mar 27, 1:32am
i looked at them, they're a bit light duty for my liking. a quad would be it's limit.

digger80, Mar 27, 1:34am
it tells you,680kg's max,on the advert

gunhand, Mar 27, 1:35am
they say 680kg a pair and your car is 1050kg
Mind you they are tested in a laboratory so ya never no.

skyline_guy_r34, Mar 27, 1:36am
But the wheel base of a car is around 2000mm +. So if the ramps are shorter than this you wont have 1050 kgs on the ramps, you would only have the weight of whichever axle is on the ramps.

lookoutas, Mar 27, 1:43am
Good call - our transporter has shortish lightweight ramps that only take 1 axle at a time, and they take the load of 4WD Utes no sweat.

mrfxit, Mar 27, 2:07am
Loading in 1 smooth movement is ideal. BUT . if you brake on the way down for any reason . oh ouch, could be the least of your words for the day.

OH . & you won't be able to claim any sort of warranty if they get bent. seeing as you would be400kg over limits

lookoutas, Mar 27, 2:28am
Just weigh the engine end, and you'll know.
It can't be more than 70% of TW. So that'd be close enough.

cuda.340, Mar 27, 2:32am
if you look at the pic you'll notice they FOLD. can almost guarantee thats what will happen when you get close to the certified weight & that fold will not be the same way as they're designed to.

icemans1, Mar 27, 2:33am
got plenty of cheese to grate!

lookoutas, Mar 27, 2:39am
Didn't look hard enough cuda.
Our ramps are 6mm alloy checker-plate, folded down on the edge by about 60mm, and folded in about 20mm to form a C section on each side. They're about 1.5 long, and as I said, they take Utes no problem.

attitudedesignz, Mar 27, 2:46am
So you bought a car trailer that doesn't have ramps!

Didn't think that one through did ya.

cuda.340, Mar 27, 3:46am
if they're the same as the OP has linked to, i went & looked at them as an alternative to the steel ramps on my car trailer, wasn't impressed with what i saw. thought they were too weak to use for my application, they were bending with just my weight on them, if my racecar was on them i could see the front spoiler getting ripped off.

skyline_guy_r34, Aug 30, 12:18pm
Just sent an email off to aluminium ramp making place who are in hastings (im in napier). So just wait till monday or tuesday now and see what they have/can do for me.