Please help, Mazda MPV 7seater 1999

leehay01, Feb 23, 6:24am
I'm probably inviting smart arses in but oh well.

We are going to get our car checked out tomorrow but wanted to put the problem out there incase anyone else has had the same thing happen.
Then I can go in and say "might be the xyz!"

Mazda MPV (incase thats important)

Every time I acceleration my car misses/skips really badly, we have had the spark plugs replaced so that's not the problem.
If I'm driving along and put my foot on the gas just a little there is no problem.
Its only when I accelerate/speed up.

Adding - happens mostly when I'm low on gas.

stevo2, Feb 23, 6:42am
Sounded like plug leads until you said happens when low on gas.
Cheers Stevo

leehay01, Feb 23, 6:53am
It happens all the time, but mostly when low on gas (-:

booked60, Feb 23, 7:05am
Is it v6 dohc!

mr340, Feb 23, 7:11am
fuel pump or filter

leehay01, Feb 23, 7:26pm
Gosh I wouldn't have a clue, will ask my hubby later (-:

761, Feb 24, 3:43am
my grandson has the same vehicle and the same problem and has had everything you can think of changed and still the same problemhis vehicle has done 125,000

761, Feb 24, 3:50am
just spoke to grandson all plugs,,,,,plug leads .coil twice.fuel filter,.air filter. air flow meter and still has the same problemthe garage is being wonderful he is in hendersonaukland

leehay01, Mar 8, 6:28am
You were right.

leehay01, Mar 8, 6:29am
Did it go away for any length of time!

mummy2kole, Mar 17, 8:42pm
ours was the coil. sounds exactly like what you are talking about!
How was the power when going up a hill!

thejazzpianoma, Jul 30, 9:45am
If there definitely is a correlation between low fuel and this happening it sounds exactly like a crook fuel pump (like mr340 suggested) I have seen this before. If it is a fuel pump it will likely get worse over time and eventually strand you somewhere.

Both the "low on gas" and the "If I'm driving along and put my foot on the gas just a little there is no problem. Its only when I accelerate/speed up" points the poster makes point very strongly to this.