7-8 seater vehicles - Mazda MPV

logical-cents, Jan 8, 11:55am
I *think* I've settled on getting a Mazda MPV for my new car, are these any good? I was told by a few people they've got the largest of boot space with all seats up?

Pros and cons please or other options to possibly look into. Looking at 2004-2005 models

If the car you are looking at purchasing through a motor vehicle company already has an AA pre purchase inspection done on it would you get another one done or a mechanical check?

tamarillo, Jan 8, 9:11pm
Usually the AA test already done is an appraisal not the full pre purchase inspection which is far more detailed. Check carefully.
If appraisal is good and you can test car and find all systems work well, and it is cosmetically good, that can be enough to have confidence. If it's unseen then you need full inspection which tests various oily bits and assesses cosmetics.
AA checks seem inconsistent with some having little faith in them.

Suggest that if you check it carefully and want to have deeper inspection done then use you're own mechanical workshop.

As it will likely be a jap import check any stereo unit screen it has and make sure you can read it and that it hasn't got control over climate system etc. if it is the music only but is in Japanese factor in cost to change to good NZ unit. Then you'll get our radio stations and be able to control it.
Check tyres are summer tyres, not snow or m&s.

kazbanz, Mar 3, 1:31am
Directly competing with the MPV is the Ipsum and the Nissan presage. BOTH have the same if not better boot space than the MPV
Better still the Toyota Estima or even the Toyota Voxy/noah have more boot space.
MPV if its a 2.3 is a good vehicle if its a V6 avoid like the plague
Estima.pressage and Noah have the advantage they are an 8 seater vehicle.
on the subject of inspections.-The AA "inspection" the dealer carried out is not worth the paper its printed on.
DEFINITELY get a FULL PP inspection carried out.
Fast way to find out if the dealer is honest. -ask them if the inspection displayed on the window is a full inspection. -if they say yes you KNOW they are lying. -easy way to find out--ask them to show you the results of the Teekay test on the inspection. I can tell you for ceetain there wiont be one
if the MPV is a