1996 2.5 Nissan Cefiro - pros and cons.

ryanm2, Jan 29, 7:00am
have a wedding to pay for so the passat is gonna go and am looking at a Cefiro. Used as a daily for the missus and 2 kids. Are these Cefiro's ok! not too thirsty!, the one i am looking at has been cared for, same owner for last 130,000 kms. (200,000 on clock now).They appear to be quite a cheap car in general.

poppajn, Jan 29, 7:05am
Petrol alcoholic,s.

ryanm2, Jan 29, 7:09am
does that actually make sense! But i guess you are implying they are quite thirsty.

mugenb20b, Jan 29, 7:18am
They are OK, but, I would rather get a '97 or '98 Maxima.

planespotterhvn, Jan 29, 9:53am
Poor man's luxury car.woodgrain interior trim, really smooth quiet ride, well built, doors and boot click closed without slamming, bonnet gas struts may collapse in cold weather so watch your head. Very reliable cars, not much goes wrong they just go from service to service and wof to wof without needing anything. My tacho went haywire but Parrots replaced internal chip no worries. 2.5 engine is reputed to be just as economical as 2.0 but has more grunt when needed. Big heavy car, drive it gently and smoothly and you should get reasonable economy for a car of its size class.

next-to-normal, Jan 29, 10:43am
a 2.0 i hired oneonce did 33mpg with 4 adults and bags, and some heavy foot to boot,i think they are a great car, for the price, and would recomed as a backpacker special,there are worse cars out there , i would buy one.but im the sort of person who wouldnt buy a ford.

locky6, Jan 29, 5:55pm
Weve just sold our 97 Cefiro, had it for 7 years. Its been a great car, only reason we`re selling is that we need a station wagon. And yes they can be thirsty depending on how they`re driven. Our one had 160000 and we only had to replace the alternator.