Todays pointless gripe is hot and wet but not.

cantab1971, Jan 30, 4:29am
sexy. :(

stone chips covered in melted tar on the way to New Plymouth today.arghhhhh!

do they have to work on sealing both lanes at the same time so that there's no way to avoid driving through this!it was the equivilant of a bloodbath to someone who likes their car a bit. sounded like i was behing machine gunned, even at 30kph. and then. the gawd awful screeching noise for miles as stones obviously jammed somewhere.probably grinding my brakes up.who knows. still got one stuck here in New Plymouth.damned if i know where it is.

rant over.

cantab1971, Jan 30, 4:29am
sexy. :(

stone chips covered in melted tar on the way to New Plymouth arghhhhh!

Was a hot day in the Naki today.

but do they have to work on sealing both lanes at the same time so that there's no way to avoid driving through this!

It was the equivilant of a bloodbath to someone who likes their car a bit. Sounded like I was being machine gunned, even at 30kph.

and then. the gawd awful screeching noise for miles as stones were obviously jammed somewhere.probably grinding my brakes up.who knows. still got one stuck here in New Plymouth.damned if i know where it is.

rant over.

corky, Jan 30, 5:24am
Be thankful your not charged with theft of roading material. Think you should take all the stones and tar back.

nave12, Jan 30, 8:41am
Been caught in that situation before and it fills up all sorts of places under your vehicle with clumps of tarred stones,they fall out for days afterwards to and some stay jammed in their little hiding places until dug out when under the car next GGrrrr.

elect70, Jan 30, 10:34pm
Yeah the buggersjust using the traffic to roll thestones into thetar . Typical NZcrap seal . Then you get themspaying the tar inone lane while traffic passing in the other, instantexteriorrust proofing .

cantab1971, Jan 31, 6:33am
last jammed stone came out this evening when I did a reversing turn the noise of a shrieking banshee :(.gawd only knows what damage its done.worst thing is i have to go back that way tommorow. sigh.