Hot Rodders are vandals. Do you agree?

Page 1 / 3
nzrys, Jun 13, 7:46am
Why spend heaps of money on turning a classic motor vehicle into something it was never and then loose heaps of money doing it! I just dont understand but would love to hear why.

zephyrheaven, Jun 13, 7:48am
The same reason we aint all married to your missus mate - we have personal taste, its what sets us apart from the Ape's you know

marcos1, Jun 13, 7:50am
Disagree mate.many a car has been saved from restorers.

*lose

skyline_guy_r34, Jun 13, 7:52am
Real Hot-rodders build a car from scratch, much the opposite of vandalism.

pollymay, Jun 13, 7:53am
Absolutely, anyone who disagrees with how I think things should be is a vandal. People that buy pepsi are vandals, people with pink cars, vanilla is better than chocolate so those that eat chocolate icecreams are vandals.

Lock em up I say

neville48, Jun 13, 7:55am
Whether you be a Hot Rodder or Restorer you take a certain vehicle,be it old or not so old and you create something that you want for yourself from your own dreams. If it turns out to be a Model A that is 4 cylinder flathead and chugs along at 45-50 kms per hour or a Model A that can do 10.9 standing quarters,its still a piece of art that has been built either as Henry built it or as you want it, either way it is still a Model A. Remember even the restored cars are better than originally produced models.Money doesn't come into it most of the time,its not a commercial operation, more like a hobby/ obcession.

mazzyz, Jun 13, 8:00am
"Hot Rodders are vandals. Do you agree!"

I'd say they're artists and recyclers with a passion for cars. Some do them up originally others 'improve' the package with newer/better technology and more to the owners taste. They bring back the sentiment of times gone by with beautiful curvy cars full of character and style.

iman007, Jun 13, 8:09am
so long as they got the money its no one else business is it, personal preference, my son bought a 65 impalawith standard 283 V8. The first thing he wanted to do was put a 350 into it.I advised to do up the original motor and keep same specs.He sold it for good money recently and thanked me for advising him to keep it standard.He more than doubled his money and bought a house.He will regret it later, selling the car that is.

johnf_456, Jun 13, 8:10am
Thats a beauty, would turn heads for sure.!

magoo2, Jun 13, 8:18am
I think that people who put aluminium windows in villas are commiting the greater crime

nzrys, Jun 13, 8:18am
It seems that there are so many people here that cant read a thread opening correctly.

nzrys, Jun 13, 8:21am
Nice car but James you dont have to be rude.

zephyrheaven, Jun 13, 8:23am
Sorry I wasnt trying to be rude at all: in context : its the same reason we dont all buy the same house then - or the same boat, or the same lunch as the next guy!
Some people see a 1900's Villa & want to cut it up & as magoo says put in aluminium windows - some of us would rather cut up those people

Sorry, no offense intended

nzrys, Jun 13, 8:23am
I agree that would be a true art.

flat_white_ltd, Jun 13, 8:24am
lol. nah, . same argument. function versus form
( not saying I disagree with you, though )

zephyrheaven, Jun 13, 8:24am
Thats 'glass mate nobody gets hurt

johnf_456, Jun 13, 8:24am
Not vandalism that is just sex on wheels

zephyrheaven, Jun 13, 8:26am
Touche - NICE!

zephyrheaven, Jun 13, 8:26am
What happened to George's A down that way!

iman007, Jun 13, 8:26am
show me where i deviated!

dr.doolittle, Jun 13, 8:26am
Because not everyone wears sock & sandals.

zephyrheaven, Jun 13, 8:27am
Dont forget your walk shorts grampa

nzrys, Jun 13, 8:28am
I can see why I wouldnt be into hot rodding and its not the cars.

zephyrheaven, Jun 13, 8:31am
Nah George K - had a V nice Mk3 when I lived down there (he was my hero for some time, hung around with another bloke with an Essex pickup matt black - think Georges car was primered / finished & sold!

bleetbleet, Jun 13, 8:31am
i have seen some rods built from remains that restorers wouldnt dream of touching!i also once spoke to a guy that reckoned restoring was the ultimate buzz and when i was checking out his car he proceeded to tell me how he had equiped the car with hydralic brakes cause the orginal cable and leather system was dodgey.and he modified the electrics cause they were a fire risk.plus a few other "add ons"-he really didnt understand when i said he was no different from me and most other rodders/modifyers.we make em go better,stop better,look better(imho)are safer.more reliable etc.no,not vandalism at all!