Towbar as a suprise pressie .

arthur-dailey, Jan 30, 4:46am
a) is this a good thing! (for a Toyota Surf)

b) who do I talk to about getting one!

c) how many dolleros should I save til March 7!

TIA
arthur-dailey's wife :)

mugenb20b, Jan 30, 4:51am
a. Yes, towbars are always good.
b. Most garages do them.
c. $250 for the towbar, $100 odd for fitting, and another $100 for the wiring plug. So, allow at least $500.

brucie261, Jan 30, 4:56am
Ours for Toyota Caldina was $355 for everything!
There are usually only a few places in each town that do it, ring round get quotes you have time to do the research so see if you can save a few $$

kazbanz, Jan 30, 5:01am
Me Id be asking suptly on that subjecft--if the bloke concerned doesn't want a towbar it could bite.
Also I'm never keen on car type prezzies as you dunno how long they will keep it for

n3d4sp3d, Jan 30, 5:36am
towbar very handy as long as he going to use it, didn't realise how handy mine was till i got a car with no bar.

cowboy110, Jan 30, 5:45am
Are ya gonna get him a boat to hang off the new towbar!

arthur-dailey, Jan 30, 6:05am
Excellent - just about manageable.

arthur-dailey, Jan 30, 6:05am
Thank you. Have some free time tomorrow so will do exactly that.

arthur-dailey, Jan 30, 6:06am
He mentioned a towbar at the weekend so I know he wants one . and the car is his fishing truck. He'll be running it in to the ground :)

arthur-dailey, Jan 30, 6:07am
Oh, he'll be using it alright! I have a heap of stuff ready to go to the tip!

arthur-dailey, Jan 30, 6:08am
LOL - funny that. He has so many boats on his watchlist he must be thinking of running a fleet!

arthur-dailey, Jan 30, 6:08am
Thanks for your input everyone - will get it sorted tomorrow :)

alan1111, Jan 30, 7:52am
Second hand tow bar $80 to $130 1 hour to fit $80.00 wiring plug in $70.00 i reckon you could get 1 fitted for under $300.00
Plenty of Toyota wreckers have them. Easy as to fit Wiring so easy be a cool Birthday pressy hope he enjoys.
Landcruiser Prado has same chassis rail done about 3 now in last year.

illusion_, Jan 30, 7:55am
So next time it's "pressie time" you'll have the new trailer all lined up for him. Well done. If only my other half had the sense .

elect70, Jan 30, 10:55pm
Gonna take bit of work to wrap it up& hide until the big day . Im sure he will show hisjust appreciation that night .

gusthe1, Jan 30, 11:25pm
Towbar is a great pressie. Shows the guy you think hes crap at reversing.

arthur-dailey, Jan 31, 8:28am
So here's the go - $360 fitted and wired through East Coast Towbars in Lower Hutt. We head away for two days late Feb so am arranging for his truck to be taken in to be fitted while we're gone, then returned home. Wonder how long it'll take for him to notice the new addition :)

arthur-dailey, Jan 31, 8:31am
Thanks for the vote of confidence . buying a trailer without his input might be one step too far! But I'm guessing it's next on the list, just before the boat :)

mugenb20b, Jan 31, 8:36am
The moment he walks into it when carrying something heavy or fragile. $360 is a very good price by the way.