Jazz and VW's. Jazz you will remember the mint condition 2005 mk 5 golf i had bloody nice car drove well and in very origina

Page 3 / 9
richardmayes, Feb 15, 3:06am
Some of us like a bigger, lazier engine with a bit more flexibility.

trdbzr, Feb 15, 3:06am
I just showed a 1.3L Toyota with 4 gears making the same power as a 1.4L VW with 7 gears. Going by your 'assumptions' the VW would be the older technology in this instance.

I feel sorry for you.

thejazzpianoma, Feb 15, 3:13am
Here is the range of Polo's
1.4 Comfortline $25 750
1.4 Comfortline Plus $28 500
1.2 TSI $31 500
1.2 Cross Polo $35000
1.4 GTI $37500

I will let the readers decide which is middle of the range.

Now just so I get this right. you are saying that the 0.5L per 100km extra that the Yaris uses "magically dissapears" because of driving style and fuel octane!

Ummmm no. I think any sane person can see that the Polo will likely always use less fuel than the Yaris so long as the running conditions are the same for both cars.

thejazzpianoma, Feb 15, 3:14am
Felixability tobe slower and thirstier!
You do realise the Corolla is considerably slower right accross the board aye!

thejazzpianoma, Feb 15, 3:17am
Err no. The Corolla is no faster than the Polo and uses more fuel.
That would mean the Corolla is the more inefficient car with overall older technology.

trdbzr, Feb 15, 3:17am
Wow, you actually don't know much about cars and are actually delusional. All this time I thought you were just full of drivel, but you actually don't know much at all.

taurus61, Feb 15, 3:19am
I think you need to save your pity for yourself. The fact is the 1.8 in the corolla is a much older engine than the VAG 1.4TSI.
I think I read somewhere about the 1.4TSI being voted engine of the year by a world panel of motoring experts ( Hey but want would they no compared to you) this was about 18 months ago.
The thing is engines are getting small and more efficent, another example is the FPV Falcons. The 6 cylinder Turbo out performs the V8 in most aspects.

woody1946, Feb 15, 3:20am
<----------------

Hear Hear.Just had my 14 year old fairly up spec Euro fail a WOF because the door hinge is sloopy, not to mention it has be in the garage for 2 weeks waiting for parts, would you believe a set of spark plug leads from Europe, On the other hand my 60 year old Mk2 Jag never fails a WOF and the door hinges will never wear out because they have grease nipples to keep them lubricated.

thejazzpianoma, Feb 15, 3:20am
Lets post the rest of the quote shall we:

Now just so I get this right. you are saying that the 0.5L per 100km extra that the Yaris uses "magically dissapears" because of driving style and fuel octane!

Ummmm no. I think any sane person can see that the Polo will likely always use less fuel than the Yaris so long as the running conditions are the same for both cars.

richardmayes, Feb 15, 3:21am
They are about the same sized car with about the same amount of horsepower. One might be a bit slower than the other but I highly doubt one would be "considerably slower across the board". although the one that requires the most changing down to climb even modest grades is going to appear "slower" to anyone who's a keen enough driver to actually notice.

(Neither are really cars for people who are interested in performance anyway.!)

trdbzr, Feb 15, 3:22am
Yes but it does provide them with straws.

richardmayes, Feb 15, 3:23am
To clutch at!

trdbzr, Feb 15, 3:24am
Does not change the facts I just showed you about the Yaris VS Polo which is in the same car category. Compared using very similar priced models. You can pick up some of Jazz's straws and use them.

trdbzr, Feb 15, 3:24am
precisely

thejazzpianoma, Feb 15, 3:25am
You don't need to be a very keen driver at all to notice how slow the Toyota is compared to the VW.

carstauranga001, Feb 15, 3:26am
Jazz, congratulations on your tenacity to debate the issue. Yet again we will have to agree to disagree but I will continue to put my views forward as I think it's wrong to tell all and sundry that they should only buy one or maybe two brands. The market is awash with great cars from a multitude of great manufacturers. In stead of pushing one barrow I prefer to show people a range and let them decide which suits their needs best. No one shirt fits all does it mate.

Although I might add that right now I have 21 vehicles in transit from Japan and none of them are European.

thejazzpianoma, Feb 15, 3:27am
Yip. and the Toyota product still used more fuel to do the same or lesser job.

carstauranga001, Feb 15, 3:27am
Older people who buy a Vitz find the car will outperform their driving ability.

thejazzpianoma, Feb 15, 3:29am
No one shirt does not fit all. however the number of people that take a medium sized shirt is substantial I can tell you.

thejazzpianoma, Feb 15, 3:29am
How is this relevant!

carstauranga001, Feb 15, 3:30am
Give it up allready!

thejazzpianoma, Feb 15, 3:30am
You started it!

carstauranga001, Feb 15, 3:30am
It does all they need.

carstauranga001, Feb 15, 3:31am
OK ,I'll end it.

THE FINISH.

Waves chequered flag

thejazzpianoma, Feb 15, 3:32am
Ahhh so its O.K to sell them the slower and thirstier car because "Its all they need"

I would perhaps agree with you if the Toyota was say cheaper and the same or better economy. but its not.