Jazz and VW's. Jazz you will remember the mint condition 2005 mk 5 golf i had bloody nice car drove well and in very origina

Page 8 / 9
kazbanz, Feb 18, 12:01am
There ya go I just edited this to what you really meant to say

thejazzpianoma, Feb 18, 12:04am
And likewise, edited to reflect what you were really saying.

thejazzpianoma, Feb 18, 12:04am
Will probably have to delete that before I get sent to the naughty corner.

kazbanz, Feb 18, 12:04am
Ohh and Jazz--Mate you're wrong re the CL. 6 years ago I had a cl unit in the lexus variant of the harrier fail -yea go figure it was a singa import.
The WHOLE repair would have cost $50 including labour but we ended up only paying $25 because the customer opted to take an allarm whilst he was at it

kazbanz, Feb 18, 12:05am
GO ON MON--you can do better than that--I mean calling mrs Kaz a goat just aint on.

thejazzpianoma, Feb 18, 12:06am
Perhaps you could share that information with Toyota. their pricing was a Joke. worse than I would expect from Volvo.

thejazzpianoma, Feb 18, 12:07am
LOL, no I hold MRS Kaz in much higher regard than that. she has put up with you for how long!
Just giving you a good humored serve old fruit, cause I know you can handle it.

Better delete it now. before John45667890123456 and his censor police cronies come along.

kazbanz, Feb 18, 12:10am
aww gwan Jazz--mines much better you gotta admiot it:-)

thejazzpianoma, Feb 18, 12:12am
Can't say I've looked but happy to agree.

kazbanz, Feb 18, 12:43am
Now hang on Jazz- YOU are making a statement re the Toyota/lexus product but in fact YOU did NOT do propper research as you would have done for your euro cars.
Thats hardly a fair and unbiased senario then is it!

Gosh its YOU who says-"if you shop at the right place you pay nowhere near THAT" price when talking about VW/audi

For the record- With Toyota I've found the less common a part isfailure wise or reguylar replacement wisethe higher the price.
What is utterly fantastic with toyota though is that just about every part is readilly available at a fraction of the price at most accessory companies.
I still price parts at Toyota and on cambelts etc they are actually pretty well priced

thejazzpianoma, Feb 18, 1:13am
No no no no no. You didn't read my response properly. It was not my car or me ordering the parts. I came along once the parts had arrived and fitted the part for the person. (I just happened by and lent a hand)

I even said that I would have gone about things differently.

However, whats the point of having a Toyota if you can't use the main dealer for parts because you will get ripped off!

I accept this behavior with the likes of Volvo because I get something in return. I don't accept this behavior with Toyota because that's supposed to be the very point of owning one.

While we are on the subject, third party availability of parts is no better than many of my euro brands either. I wanted some rear brake cylinders and wheel bearings for a 2001 hilux in a hurry once (very common parts to request). Tried all over Tauranga (something like 5 Repco outlets, 2 BNT etc) and came up with only one. which from memory was not even the correct one. Pricing was no better than I pay for Fiat/VW etc

Piss poor. Absolute mongrel of a job too, pissing around with a press, special adapter, gas axe. what a joke. Again, the only saving grace of these vehicles is supposed to be ease of servicing, availability of parts and reliability.

kazbanz, Feb 18, 1:32am
prety much double standards then!
Your hilux example was a situational rather than normal senario--that stuff is on the shelf most anywhere

thejazzpianoma, Feb 18, 1:34am
Errr no, you fail to get the point. This is one of the few area's Toyota are supposed to be better at. but they are not.

kazbanz, Feb 18, 1:44am
Unfair comment given the part in question is pretty unusual to fail even in older toyota's. Sure in say a VW golf you expect them to carry the window regs on the shelf due to their failure rate. But a CL module in a toyota. You can't even say its mission critical having the CL work --ie its a slight inconvenience one door not unlocking but unlike a window reg failure it does't render the car unusable in a city situation.
-So waiting and doing research was a definite option.
Now -do tell --How much is a CL motor for a Golf of the same vintage at retail from the franchise

hrt, Feb 18, 11:21am
A hell of a lot of Toyota parts are quite well priced. And as for the wheel bearings, thats not a specific fitment issue with a Hilux. And you don't need a press or any special tool most of the time.

All makes have their problem models, Toyota and many other japanese manufacturers. The majority of the time the euro stuff is more of an issue in parts availability. Again, certain japanese models have their own problems in this area also.

berg, Feb 18, 6:38pm
Actually, I service VW Golf's here at home, with some basic tools and that includes the major timing belt and transmission service. If I can do these things at home why can't any garage on the Kapiti Coast do that!

Oh wait. they can![/quote]
While still under warrantee! Don't think so. Go check your VW warrantee handbook and see just what it says about non service agent servicing.
Oh, and still waiting for an answer as to why VW hasn't shown Suzuki any engineering worth adopting and why VW had to buy into Suzuki to obtain information and technology as to making and marketing small cars.
Got the new Suzuki Swift Sport flyer yesterday and at $27,500 for the 6 speed manual with all the fruit its way better buying than the Golf

berg, Feb 18, 6:58pm
Oh, and if you take your figures for the base DSG Golf of 5.9 ltrs per 100 km with 90kw and 1400cc, the Swift Sport is better percentage wise with only 6.1 ltrs per 100 km out of 100kw and 1600cc with the auto.

berg, Feb 18, 8:41pm
Trade Me specs for the Swift are for the old model not the new 6 speed manual or CVT trans

ringo2, Feb 18, 8:43pm
Ah that is not the Swift Sport but the base model.

taurus61, Feb 18, 11:21pm
If You look just below the car title is a drop down box with a little arrow. If you click on the arrow you can select what ever model you want. As Berg has now confirmed these are the old model swifts and the sport is only 92Kw and 7.5l/100k
The new model has made an improvement on these figures and appears it could be quite a hot little hatch. The Torque figure would be good though.

berg, Feb 18, 11:42pm
160nm at 4400rpm. We will be looking at getting one

ema1, Feb 18, 11:57pm
While still under warrantee! Don't think so. Go check your VW warrantee handbook and see just what it says about non service agent servicing.
Oh, and still waiting for an answer as to why VW hasn't shown Suzuki any engineering worth adopting and why VW had to buy into Suzuki to obtain information and technology as to making and marketing small cars.
Got the new Suzuki Swift Sport flyer yesterday and at $27,500 for the 6 speed manual with all the fruit its way better buying than the Golf[/quote]My sister up north has one of these Suzuki Swift Sport RS models and it's a right little goer. Brilliant car, very quick point to point and amazing handling too and economical beyond belief. Bright Yellow very easy to spot in a shopping mall and elsewhere for sure.

ema1, Feb 19, 12:00am
My sister up north has one of these Suzuki Swift Sport RS Automatic limited edition models with all the extras as standard and it's a right little goer. Brilliant car, very quick point to point and amazing handling too and economical beyond belief. Bright Yellow very easy to spot in a shopping mall and elsewhere for sure. I'm rather tall,strong build and I found it easy to get in and out of which doesn't happen often with small cars, bit neat for me sitting in the back though .which is understandable.

tgray, Feb 19, 12:14am
Brand new 2012 Toyota Corolla's available now for $28990 driveaway.
mmnn.what was my point!.

tgray, Feb 19, 12:14am
Brand new 2012 Toyota Corolla's available now for $28990 driveaway.
Not only got the name, the reliability and all that stuff, but it wins on price also.