Paint stripper, which one?

attitudedesignz, Feb 15, 4:16am
Haven't had to buy paint stripper for years, but i'm starting a new project and some of the bits will need stripping. Don't want to get them blasted (sand or media) and don't want to send them out of town to get dipped so thought i'd give stripper a go.

I know Tergo is a good one but i'm after other peoples thoughts on which ones they've had good (or bad) results with.

TIA.

trogedon, Feb 15, 4:18am
I've used Tergo stripper a lot (whole car shells) and it's excellent. Need a good technique to use it efficiently though. I bought some from here and it's probably even better than Tergo - but more expensive.

rob_man, Feb 15, 5:02am
Yep, Tergostrip is my toxic brew of choice too. Special finishes also do a pretty good one.

gammelvind, Feb 15, 7:45am
Tergostrip

kecal, Feb 15, 8:28am
I have recently started stripping own an old petrol bowser, justbrought a4ltrstripper called DIGGERSfrombunnings ,seems to work fine, mind you all flat panels.

neville48, Feb 15, 8:33am
yep, Tergostrip for me too, "take a trip and never leave the farm"hooooeee.

dr.doolittle, Feb 15, 8:44am
Do a small area at a time & cover with gladwrap. This will stop the active ingredient ( methylene chloridein most cases) from evaporating before it has penetratedthe layers of paint.
This way you can keep an eye on whats happening & you'll use less stripper.