New driving test

rissla, Feb 27, 5:47am
Hi guys, have been into the official website, but cannot find the info I am looking for. Thought someone here might know.
Do the "supervised" driving hours have to be done with an official driving instructor! Or can it be done with a licensed driver!.
TIA.

bitsy_boffin, Feb 27, 6:00am
Licensed driver as normal.The proof that you did 120 hours, is that you can pass the new harder test.

brokebloke1, Feb 27, 6:03am
Why can't they have a log book so that every time the learner driver is in driving the car they HAVE to log where and when they went somewhere!
Im sure this system is in current use over in Queenlands, but they have to do 200 hrs supervisied.

rissla, Feb 27, 6:06am
Thanks for your feedback. That answers my question. Cheers.

smac, Feb 27, 6:22am
The driving hours thing is a recommendation only. Do it. Don't do it. Your call. Just make sure it's with somebody who knows the rules, or all you're doing is getting 120 hours of re-enforcement of things that will get you failed.

speedwayfan1, Feb 27, 6:53am
With the amount of people who don't know the current road rules, I can only see this sort of thing causing even more trouble.

Id rather see compulsary defensive driving courses or something similar.

quickbuck, Feb 27, 9:36am
Ummm, Compulsory ADVANCED driving courses will be better. The "Defencive Driving" course I did years ago to get 9 months knocked off my bike licence was a joke!

outbidyou2, Feb 27, 9:40am
exactly, thats where my sons will be heading

curlcrown, Feb 27, 10:42pm
How are you supposed to prove that ypou have done 120 hours! Get a note from uncle Rangi!

smac, Feb 27, 11:50pm
Read my comment above for starters.

r15, Feb 28, 12:59am
yeah, definately advanced driver training for all. even if its only for a couple of hours 1 on 1 with an instructor

tara101, Feb 28, 5:25am