Holden Astra. Looking for a cheap runabout some helpful thoughts on this auction please httpwwwtrademeconzmotorsused carsholdena

jmma, Mar 2, 11:22pm
137000km, Just had new engine and fuel tank fitted, WHY!
Very reliable, that's why they are selling it cheap.
Run away very fast.

a.woodrow, Mar 2, 11:23pm
Walk away and save yourself the grief (and a lot of money)

dunar, Mar 2, 11:41pm
Cheers those where our thoughts as well

sheepey, Mar 3, 12:24am
I have had one of those recently, bought it with a blown motor and did it up. I hve never owned a vehicle with so many niggly electronic faults in my life.It was on a diagnostic machine several times and had a pick n mix of replacement parts fitted.Each time the engine check light would come on and it would go into a fail safe type of mode which didn't seem to make it as economical as many websites said it should be. Many parts like plugs and especially the thermostat were just so expensive locally i bought in from the UK.Never again!

franc123, Mar 3, 1:17am
those things are designed to be chucked away after 8-10 years and melted down in the disposable modern euro fashion and are best avoided. The fuel tank was probably done because if memory serves they are easily damaged on that model and they crack and leak. The above post is also a typical scenario, expect weird elec problems and to be ripped for parts locally, you need to get them from uk if you can really be bothered with one of these.