Mitsubishi l300 van

bman68, Mar 3, 1:39am
looking at up grading van to a mitsy L300 diesel 2004 any thoughts any problems

thunderbolt, Mar 3, 1:44am
You must be driving a commer if that is an upgrade.

sheepey, Mar 3, 1:53am
Have heard some horror story's on here but know of a few people who run them commercially, the key is servicing.

yogibearz, Mar 3, 2:25am
Service it and it will be ok.Rural delivery contractors do huge mileage in them. They service them right and have bugger all problems.

franc123, Mar 3, 2:39am
If the price is right and its got a good all round service history then its probably ok.Remember you are buying a vehicle that first appeared in 1986 and has had minimum comfort and safety upgrades since then. Mitsi also consider that its still acceptable in this day and age for an engine to chomp through a litre of oil every 1000-1500km even if it sounds and runs well otherwise. Be warned.

vtecintegra, Mar 3, 4:01am
Yeah it wasn't a particularly safe design when if came out and by 2004 it could be considered an utter death trap.

You can look up the crash videos on Youtube

mugenb20b, Mar 3, 4:03am
Good vans in my experience. Change the cambelt when required, keep up the oil changes and radiator clean.

scarey65, Mar 3, 4:08am
quote of the day ! like

, look around and see what most couriers use
its not mitsi

ceebee2, Mar 3, 4:12am
One of the more problematic diesels around.get it thoroughly mechanically checked by a diesel Tech

scoobeey, Mar 3, 5:53am
:))

croco1, Mar 3, 6:44am
Has the lowest crash rating possible.1

http://www.youtube.com/watch!v=BnY_h4soriY

aredwood, Mar 3, 8:04am
If it is a non turbo one then it will be completely gutless. Also watch out for oil leaks. A builder I know used to have one. It leaked oil onto the new asphalt driveway of the house he was working on. Had to pay about 1.5K to have the oil chemically removed from the driveway. He sold it after that and bought a hiace.

grangies, Mar 3, 8:11am
Rust . In 2004 they were still using thesame basic frame from the late 80's.

The mongrels even tried to hide the rust prone parts with weather strips in the door slider channels, so they may look ok for a few more years, unless the strips are pulled off for inspection, and in turn flaky rust will fall all over your face and eyeballs as you look up.

fordcrzy, Mar 3, 8:58am
They are gutless pieces of ****. I cannot discourage you enough. The non turbo ones are just soooo slow and THURSTY. They used more has than a 3 liter turbo. Also they chew through oil. My van couldn't even make it 5000k without needing the oil topped up! Stay away from them

incar., Mar 3, 10:52am
i run a '05 turbo and i travel all over the norht island with a extra 1500 kgs of weigh, this van is magic