Hiace van wont start after accident

fryan1962, Jan 15, 6:23am
Last night I came across and elderly couple who had smashed into bridge in there hi-ace van
I think it would have been 2.4 fuel injected auto
I loaned the old guy my torch he checked fuses
the fuel gauge was not reading he said it was full
at one point it did close to low idle a few times and died
is there a reset process!

mugenb20b, Jan 15, 6:30am
1. Can you confirm it's EFi!
2. Reset process for what! ECU! Disconnect the battery, put your foot on the brake and turn headlights on and off. With a bit of luck, that should reset the ECU.
3. Put extra 10 litres of petrol in the fuel tank no matter what the coffin dodger says.

fryan1962, Jan 15, 6:57am
ok it was just out of interest, we were miles from anywhere in the middle of the night

mugenb20b, Jan 15, 7:04am
Was the van badly damaged! No injuries!

franc123, Jan 15, 7:11am
How badly has the thing been smacked!Given most of the electrics are under the dash/behind the front bumper/grille area anything could have happened.A tow to safety and a check to make sure the fuel pump is running OK and a general check by someone who knows what they are doing to make sure its even safe to fire up would be my recommendation.

fryan1962, Jan 15, 7:13am
the passenger door was jamming a bit

what do you mean tow! I have already said it is an auto

not sure why fuel gauge was not reading

franc123, Jan 15, 7:28am
Tow as in tow it with a rope or put it on the back of a recovery truck, how else were you proposing to get it to the nearest town if it won't keep running!Were the three of you going to push it by hand down the highway!Towing it for short distances on the road won't harm the auto.

paull, Jan 15, 7:33am
3. Put extra 10 litres of petrol in the fuel tank no matter what the coffin dodger says.
hahaha coffin dodger, i like it,,,,,,,,