Suzuki Cultus "possessed Parklights"

neville48, Mar 3, 1:23am
the park-lights of my cultus come on by themselves in the middle of the night and then turn themselves off again. while they are on you cannot turn the switch on and off to stop them. this happens while sitting, not driving and you come out in the morn and the battery nearly flat and they turn off again right before your very eyes. The auto elec says he cannot find the fault unless its there when he looks at it but its so hit and miss that !. Any thoughts as to what next. Please do not suggest an exorcism,cheers.

curlcrown, Mar 3, 1:30am
You could have another switch fitted so that all power to the lights can be cut making it impossible for them to come on. An auto electrision should be able to do that fairly easily.

shane.64, Mar 3, 1:39am
My VW use to do this + the wipers onTurn out it was dampness in the electric wiringfixed it self.I used to take of the battery lead at night

mugenb20b, Mar 3, 4:28am
I wouldn't call that a repair.

kcc55a, Mar 3, 4:51am
But it IS a fix.

snoopy221, Mar 3, 5:23am
seen it b4 on a ford trader-was water entry and damaged wiring by park light relay allowing relay to earth intermittently.

zooki007, Mar 3, 8:05am
Faulty headlight switch. Common problem with Suzuki's

neville48, Mar 3, 9:14am
Are you talking about the switch on the end of the stalk or the relay that the wiring goes into !

zooki007, Mar 3, 9:16am
Switch, not the relay.