Palmerston North Aussie car day

Page 1 / 2
rambler_man, Mar 3, 7:55pm
Did anyone attend! what was it like!

gse1, Mar 4, 5:46am
Can someone tell me who the contact person is for this event!

twit7, Mar 4, 8:09am
manawatu ford clubdwayne burrell

1ollie, Mar 4, 12:03pm
Didint even hear about it! where and when was it! I did see more than normal amounts of classics and hotrods over the weekend though.

jkm, Mar 4, 6:47pm
Would love to have gone but the drive down from the Naki was just to hazadous on Saturday morning. ( Tress and roofs flying everywhere)

trader_84, Mar 4, 7:23pm
I went. It was good to see some classic muscle from the old days. It was held in the car park of the Willow Park Tavern on Tremaine Ave. It was shifted from the Railway Land location due to the amount of rain Palmerston got overnight. I had nothing to do with the running of the show and am just speaking from a local attendee's point of view. The Railway Land is a popular location to hold low key car shows but has always been utter crap if it is wet. I don't know how it came about that the guy organising it got the use of the Willow's carpark, but yeah - good call! I didn't see many people there but I'd say the weather kept them away and the fact that most would have envisioned a water logged Railway Land. Good on the guys who showed their rides and good on the guy who organised it! A dreary day made better by some cool old Valiants, Fords and Holdens! I hope it occurs again next year and for the promotor . mate, if you are reading this - I know you have something to do with the local Ford Club . if you do this again - hook up with the local MoPar and Holden Clubs and your numbers will soar. Doing it in a pub carpark again wouldn't be a bad idea either.

lookoutas, Mar 5, 4:52am
There's been a thread on here for ages!
There was an open day of some sort at Southwoods, for car buffs. Passed heaps between Welly and Para around 3pm.

fordmfp, Mar 8, 6:57am
Cheers mate, it was a very last minute decision to hold it at the pub but was definatly the right call with the amount of rain we had! Considering the terrible weather and the fact 7 clubs were unable to make it due to the weather we still had 48 cars turn up which was a great turnout. We didnt quite make as much for Starship as we had hoped but we(Manawatu FORD club) have donated to them from our club account. Thanks to all those dedicated people that braved the rain and made it a fantastic day and congratulations to those that won awards on the day. We are currently planning the next All Aussie car day which will be bigger and better and hopefully this time around the weather gods will be kinder to us! We will be running a dedicated facebook page for this event so keep an eye out for it and hopefully we can make this a success. Cheers Dwayne, Manawatu ford club.

rambler_man, Mar 9, 7:00pm
Cool, sounds good .Sould be a great showing of some very nice cars.

fordlova8, Aug 1, 10:11am
Hi everyone, Well the 2nd annual "All Aussie car day"is approaching and with the change of venue is more weather friendly check out all the details here.
https://www.facebook.com/AllAussieCarDay

fordlova8, Aug 1, 10:11am
Hi everyone, Well the 2nd annual "All Aussie car day"is approaching and with the change of venue is more weather friendly check out all the details here.
https://www.facebook.com/AllAussieCarDay

rustihammer, Aug 2, 3:03am
Great stuff!Hopefully the weather gods play ball.

fordmfp, Aug 5, 2:44am
LOL Yeah fingers crossed we dont get another weather bomb! Was still an awesome day even though the weather was terrible! Already getting heaps of interest and phone calls so should be a great turnout :)

modie61, Aug 5, 4:55am
Do you have to belong to a car club to be able to show your car !

fordmfp, Aug 5, 9:13pm
No mate not at all, Anyone with an Aussie car is welcome along on the day the cost is $10 per show car and we are working on goodies for every entrant, so far we will have a bottle of mothers car wash for every show car! Also this covers the live band at the prize giving function. Any questions feel free to ask. Cheers

fordmfp, Aug 20, 1:30am
Hi guys, Quick update FPV will have the latest GT at the show and fingers crossed it will be the new GT R-SPEC

fordmfp, Aug 24, 4:22am
Bumped for 3tomany

3tomany, Aug 24, 9:22pm
thanks but not looking good for the r spec unless you know something, someone could still indent order from aussie i guess http://www.nzherald.co.nz/cars/news/article.cfm!c_id=142&objectid=10827575

3tomany, Aug 24, 9:22pm
thanks but not looking good for the r spec unless you know something, someone could still indent order from aussie i guess http://www.nzherald.co.nz/cars/news/article.cfm!c_id=142&objectid=10827575

fordmfp, Aug 25, 12:24am
Yeah not to flash but the person i have been dealing with re this still holds hope that we may get one over here, Fingers crossed!

fordmfp, Oct 1, 1:27am
Hi Guys, I would like to proudly announce our major sponsors for this great event, Swann classic car insurance, Mothers car care and Manfield park. This is shaping up to be a Massive day so come along and join in the fun and help raise funds for the Starship foundation!

3tomany, Oct 1, 6:56am
we are hoping to get our panelvan down but cant make it ourselves so our daughters will have to bring it along, just depends on what other events we need to attend with van club up here as to when we get it down.

fordmfp, Oct 2, 5:40am
ok mate would be great to get some panelvans! dont see enough of them around anymore!

myeh64, Oct 30, 7:56am
Dwayne.I have your poster in our news letter,Im from the central early holden club,Hoping to get a good number of oldies,We will see you there.Cheers,

fordmfp, Nov 8, 10:55pm
Hi myeh64, Awesome that would be great! We are hoping to get a good mix of old and new :)