Today I say goodbye to my cherished Ford

843, Mar 23, 7:58pm
Telstar Mystique.due to age and petrol price rises.

It has served me very well.It was born in 1995 but now i have to move on

Ihave been the second owner.at 15K at the time of purchase.now over 200K

The beautiful car has been a taxi too.

Run umpteen dozen times between Aucks and Whangarei.NEVER missed a beat.even when i no longer own it i will ALWAYS cherish it.

Yes it will be relaced.

andy61, Mar 23, 8:15pm
What is relaced! Heard of relacing your work boots but not a car.

3tomany, Mar 23, 8:25pm
how sad for you i hope you are getting a new baby ford

collosal1, Mar 23, 8:27pm
ford=rubbish

3tomany, Mar 23, 8:30pm
GM=beneficiary

xpfairmont, Mar 23, 8:53pm
.but always worth more than Holdens

motorboy2011, Mar 23, 9:00pm
yeah those Cosworth things sucked. Pass a Tui.

843, Mar 23, 9:02pm
Ford rubbish!

Did someone say.!

There is ALWAYS one who writes in ignorance.

YES REPLACED is the word.[may God give me patience withsome]

I have nothing against Holden either.nearly went fo the new Holden SPARK at $17K but it is manual

bellky, Mar 23, 9:02pm
ford is king - get another, with a bigger motor!

trogedon, Mar 23, 10:03pm
The manual is the better option.

zetec, Mar 24, 6:45am
Holden Barina Spark - a Ford Fiesta is light years ahead of them, an auto Fiesta from 2004 to 2008 will range between $10k and $15k, I am assuming you are downsizing since you considered a Spark after your Telstar.

gunhand, Mar 24, 6:56am
Your replacing your thirsty telstar for a 17k car!17k buys a fair whack of fuel. 7762.557ltrs at $2.19ltr. Thats about 7 years running for me. Good cars those telstar/mazdas are/were.

3tomany, Mar 24, 9:03pm
+1 we had the latest model fiesta and only traded it because my daughter left home and i needed a ute, it was a truely awesome car. when we bought it we test drove a few cars and everything else felt like it was desighned last century compared to the fiesta

wasser61, Mar 25, 1:27am
I am glad that it served you well.
It brings back fond memories of building those cars.
Back in the old days.

sw20, Mar 25, 1:29am
Government Motors.

843, Mar 25, 9:20pm
wasser back in the old days we had factories employing thousands who built up cars.

Then suddenly some awful Poly must have signed an agrrement where we lost that employment overseas.

3tomany, Mar 25, 9:37pm
and those cars including toyotas and mitsis of that era proove that new zealanders were good at glueing cars together there wernt a lot of reliability issues with nz assembled cars infact it could be said that falcon build quality droped when they started importing from aussie