Transmission Services in Hamilton

mrsrickp, Mar 27, 1:39am
I am wanting feedback about getting my cars transmission services as it is well overdue. I have done the Yellow Pages thing but would like it if someone in the know could advise me. I just want to take it somewhere where they are not going to try and rip me off. The belts on the transmission would need replacing me thinks. I had a bad experience with a reputable car business where they told me the turbo was going on my previous car and that was why it was making it sound dreadfull, they would replace everything for nearly 3k. Took it to another place and it turned out to be a fanbelt about to go and it cost me $50. The car then proceeded to carry on perfectly for another 4 years with no "Turbo" probs! So you can see why I am a bit hesitant!

jasongroves, Mar 27, 1:56am
Type of vehicle and your location would be handy info:)

mrsrickp, Mar 27, 2:19am
Sorry, 1997 Toyota Gracia with a 2002 motor.Hamilton!

jerichord, Mar 27, 3:53am
x1
nelson marshall seems to be the auto guru down there

rovercitroen, Mar 27, 6:04am
The two most well known places are Marshall Transmissions, now run by Nelson's son Nick and Mainstreet Transmissions run by a chap called Brian Sales. I have heard both good and bad feedback about both of these places. I have used them both over the years and had good service from both of them.

jason18, Mar 27, 6:11am
I recommend marshalls. I wouldnt recommend Jim Brown Transmissions

supernova2, Mar 27, 9:52pm
There is a new guy advertising on here.Wouldn't recommend him either.Avoid like the plague.

kingfisher21, Mar 27, 11:28pm
Belts! I don't think a Toyota of that age would have a CVT trans. What makes you thinks it's belts!

jason18, Mar 28, 1:24am
Wont have a cvt especially if its turbo

guest, Feb 22, 7:57pm
x2
can i have jim browns contact number pl